Thornmail needs a buff or rework

  • Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Thornmail needs a buff or rework
2 years ago#1
It's never used at all. Maybe it should reflect all forms of damage, not just autoattacks.
---
This is my sig
2 years ago#2
I'm pretty sure it reflects damage BEFORE it is reduced by your armor. So you could literally watch an ADC kill himself on you while you just watch.

It's quite niche, but also still very powerful.
2 years ago#3
It does what you want to do, but it's too tailored for specific situations like (4 ADs in their team). It faces stiff competition against Randuins, which, not only protects against AD but also AP thanks to the large amount of HP it gives. Similarly, it pales in utility compared to Frozen Heart.

Thornmail is a very selfish item, but it does work.
---
When life gives you lemons, blame yourself for planting the wrong tree.
2 years ago#4
it actually did get a nice buff when lifesteal got nerfed

still a pretty eh pickup in most cases, but it has its uses
2 years ago#5
MrFail posted...
I'm pretty sure it reflects damage BEFORE it is reduced by your armor. So you could literally watch an ADC kill himself on you while you just watch.

It's quite niche, but also still very powerful.


The damage reflected is reduced by MRes though, so you tend to deal a fair bit less than 30% unless you're running MPen.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
2 years ago#6
I had a 2 man per team ARAM. They had 2 adc, the second I got Thornmail the game was over, before that we were losing. Its a situational item that has its uses.
2 years ago#7
It's fine where it is. It's a situational item, but there are situations for it. Certain characters just need it more than others.

Singed for example has reasons to build it over Frozen Heart and Randuins. It's more for characters that you KNOW the enemy ADs will be forced to focus. Singed will run up to the AD carry ignoring everything else, so the AD essentially HAS to shoot him.

GFAQs sheep are gonna throw Randuin's and FH at me, but challenger tier Singeds (such as InvertedComposer and IAmLegendSmurf) avoid FH because Singed just does not need the utility it provides as opposed to the ability to murder a carry. Randuin's is a bit more debatable, but Singed doesn't need THAT much armor, and Thornmail is more important.
---
You know 1% milk? If it's 1% milk, what's the other 99% of white stuff?
General Screenname Name: Mik! || Monster Hunter Profile in Quote
2 years ago#8
infinitexx posted...
MrFail posted...
I'm pretty sure it reflects damage BEFORE it is reduced by your armor. So you could literally watch an ADC kill himself on you while you just watch.

It's quite niche, but also still very powerful.


The damage reflected is reduced by MRes though, so you tend to deal a fair bit less than 30% unless you're running MPen.


I didn't know that. Thank you.
2 years ago#9
Put it on Rammus, taunt ADC, GG
---
"The only people who should shoot, are those who are prepared to be shot at."- The Great Emperor Lelouch Vi Britannia
2 years ago#10
I get it all the time. It's cheap and provides alot of armor. People just refuse to get it because they either compare it to way more expensive items or they always plan for full build (which you rarely get to do).
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSIx7UwJjks
Enough picking on kids, back to 9-11
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Thornmail needs a buff or rework

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived