Is Nami a competitive support?

#13l3lm3ntPosted 4/7/2013 8:05:14 AM
It's that time again to buy a new champ, and I was looking to add a support to my roster, seeing as Taric is banned, or picked before I can get him.

I've been looking at Nami, I love when my support has a hard CC like she does, and her passive seems really good when paired with an ADC like Graves or Vayne, so I was wondering if there are any seasoned Nami players out that had some advice, and what the general thoughts on Nami were.
---
Posted from my toaster using ToasterFaqs1.9
#2WeLikeSportzPosted 4/7/2013 8:07:24 AM
koreans sometimes play her. they must know something.
#3TyrekeEvans13Posted 4/7/2013 8:07:42 AM
She's a good buy right now imo

Completely viable right now and you don't have to fear about any nerfs coming her way anytime soon
---
The King of Kings
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9971/744sptp062727c1tyrekeem.jpg
#4kirbymuncherPosted 4/7/2013 8:10:44 AM
For some reason I thought the topic said "competitive sport" and was really confused

She's not terrible, but in most cases you'd be better off with another support
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#5pectus_umbraPosted 4/7/2013 8:12:46 AM
Basically, her main issue is that landing her Q is like landing a cho'gath Q.

If you do land it, you can do amazing stuff. If you can't, then you'll just be mediocre.
---
Tired of photobucket and imageshack? Ask me about dropbox.
#6xVashTS98xPosted 4/7/2013 8:15:49 AM
A good Nami is a terror, but I have only seen one once, maybe twice.

Hard champ, for sure.
---
StarCraft 2: VashTS; 330; Random
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Vash; Random
#7Tali_ZorahPosted 4/7/2013 8:24:15 AM
Nami is pretty good... IF you can land her skillshots. It's pretty much what makes other supports outclass her. Taric, for example, simply needs to get in range, and the enemy ADC is stunned and ready for the kill. Nami needs to aim her skillshot, taking into account enemy movement, and hoping they dont have the reflexes to dodge it during its travel time. Her heal is also pretty weak when compared to Taric, Alistar, or Soraka's heals. The damage boost with added slow is nice, but its only for 3 shots, whereas Janna's shield blocks damage and boosts damage for more attacks AND for AD based skills.

Also her tidal wave is a little bit on the slow and easy-to-dodge side, by simply listing lazily to the left. It's best used in the jungle, where it's nice and tight, or when someone else has them pinned down with an AoE CC, but otherwise...

So yeah. She's good. She's by no means a bad support at all. She's just heavily reliant on landing those skillshots, which makes her outclassed by those easier to play easier to win supports. It also makes her fairly weak in lane. Her laning is quite poor compared to other supports, unless you have someone else who has a reliable stun along with you so you can guarantee the bubble hit, but that's pretty much classified as a kill lane, then, and Leona does better in kill lanes...

If you do pick her up and play her, though, I highly suggest 40% CDR as soon as you can, plus some mana sustain of some sort. Grail is good for this, if you can somehow get the gold for it along with all the wards and such you'll be getting as the support. Her Q is easily the strongest aspect of her, being able to stun several people in one shot if it lands, and reducing its cooldown (along with the heal, the damage boost, and the tidal wave) is very important if you want to be useful in team fights, which is where she starts to shine the most.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3568 3549 8596
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1593 3074 6920
#8Dark Shooting StarPosted 4/7/2013 8:49:23 AM
Slowly becoming my main support champ. A lot of people will hate you (NA) for not playing the typical taric/leona/sona/lulu but theoretically, Nami has one of the best kits for supports; a stun, a heal and a steroid.

LOLKing says she's like the least popular support played so maybe it's just that nobody has discovered her potential yet.

I'm gonna be Best Nami NA though =)
---
PSN: WhisperingWind_ // Playing 3rd Strike OE
http://www.youtube.com/user/GodAmongTheWinds <-- Subscribe =)
#93l3lm3nt(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 9:04:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm really thinking of picking her up, I like champs with a bit of a skill cap.
---
Posted from my toaster using ToasterFaqs1.9
#10RihawfPosted 4/7/2013 9:11:30 AM
Dark Shooting Star posted...
Slowly becoming my main support champ. A lot of people will hate you (NA) for not playing the typical taric/leona/sona/lulu but theoretically, Nami has one of the best kits for supports; a stun, a heal and a steroid.

LOLKing says she's like the least popular support played so maybe it's just that nobody has discovered her potential yet.

I'm gonna be Best Nami NA though =)

HA.
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf| Nami main
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)