Darius beats Teemo top, why do people argue the opposite?

#51FlareZeroPosted 4/8/2013 12:09:06 PM
The problem is that Teemo has the early game advantage. Darius can easily ignore Teemo's damage and just nuke him after 6 though.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#52Leram02Posted 4/8/2013 12:13:02 PM
Skill matchup, except the matchup is completely in Teemo's hands, if he doesn't mess up darius has no options to outplay.
#53The-World-SevenPosted 4/8/2013 12:19:47 PM
except everything the platinum level player already said

this topic is still going on because noobs
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#54Rookie_JetPosted 4/8/2013 12:22:34 PM
I tend to grab FM first on teemo. Against Darius, I will no doubt rush it allowing me to kite even easier and out live his combo.
#55CovenantPosted 4/8/2013 12:53:06 PM
EDumey posted...
Darius pull is not that hard to bait out.

This is the crux of the match-up. If you're good enough to bait Apprehends, you win. If not, you lose. You lose a lot harder than you win, though.

And due to the mechanics of range, I believe the range of the auto and pull is actually the exact same.

It is estimated to be the same.
#56DeadpooL7Posted 4/8/2013 1:12:45 PM
FandomOfRandom posted...
Darius pull range is from the center of his model. Teemo AA is from the edge. The extra 50 range is cancelled.

He would still be able to pull him if hes in aa range. I also dont think Darius is 100 range model but idk. People keep saying a good teemo wont let him pull you but how can you stop him?

I dont play top but this sounds like a skill match up.
---
Taric is mai waifu
#57realfreakoPosted 4/8/2013 1:22:35 PM
Darius beats Teemo

It's not a skill match. Teemo can beat Darius but that's only if Darius is a noticeably inferior player to Teemo or Teemo's jungler camps top.

Darius has lane advantage from lvl 1. If you play like you're scared ****less, who pulls an okay.jpg every time he tries to poke you, you're going to lose. But if you realize that you outdamage him, then you'll win easy.

Darius's Q does so much damage that Teemo has to auto attack like 2 or 3 times to do the same amount of damage at pre 6.

Post-6, it's a joke. Pull Teemo, Q, W, chase and auto, ignite and ult.
If you want to be 100% safe, chase while autoing until your Q's off CD, Q, ignite, ult for 100% guaranteed kill.
---
PSN/MGO: TehFlame
#58MhkaMAthPosted 4/8/2013 1:31:08 PM
Amarajah posted...
Amarajah posted...
Darius seems like crap now, that ult nerf was way over the top for his laning phase. If the enemy takes advantage of it being on cooldown youre done.

You mean like every other non-resetting champion in the game you now actually are vulnerable after you ult?

WOW

Considering Darius has no kill pressure after he ults, yes.

What do you say to Jayce and Elise and Nidalee then that always have their full kill pressure ?

???

Nid doesn't belong on that list.

And picking the three swap ult characters is an extremely bad argument as they are a small percentage of top lane champs.
---
Thanks paintbal: http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6840/mathz.jpg
And Alpha: http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z324/Alpha_Sign_Pics/MhkaMAthSign.jpg
#59JaggiJumperPosted 4/8/2013 4:01:52 PM
zeppelin312 posted...
ITT: people don't understand the difference between ability and AA ranges

^If Darius and Teemo stand perfectly still, and Teemo starts autoattacking from max range, Darius' pull can't reach Teemo.

a bronze Darius will beat a bronze Teemo, but a challenger Teemo will beat a challenger Darius.

Teemo wins the lane but he has absolutely NO room for error.
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. http://i.imgur.com/a4FS1pt.gif
#60realfreakoPosted 4/8/2013 4:10:09 PM
JaggiJumper posted...
zeppelin312 posted...
ITT: people don't understand the difference between ability and AA ranges

^If Darius and Teemo stand perfectly still, and Teemo starts autoattacking from max range, Darius' pull can't reach Teemo.

a bronze Darius will beat a bronze Teemo, but a challenger Teemo will beat a challenger Darius.

Teemo wins the lane but he has absolutely NO room for error.

It's the opposite. Between good players without interference (jungler), Darius will always beat Teemo

There's too much theorycrafting about range in this thread.

Think about it. When you auto attack, you stand still for a brief moment. Don't mention orb walking because I do that all the time. You can move after an auto attack only after a certain period has passed. If you do it too quickly, you will cancel your auto attack completely.

Teemo auto attacks Darius. During the time Teemo is rooted for his auto attack, Darius will close the gap enough for his pull to be within range. This means Teemo can't auto without getting pulled

Also you guys agree that Teemo is screwed if he gets pulled. Do you know what that means? Teemo can't get within Darius's pull range. That means Darius can zone out Teemo by just simply walking toward him.

If Darius plays right, Teemo can't win. I've played this match up from both perspectives.
---
PSN/MGO: TehFlame