Any word on when bans are getting increased to 4 per team?

#1Arken101Posted 4/7/2013 4:18:24 PM
Because six just dont cut it anymore.
---
[http://animebot.everyboty.net/pix/866.jpg] [http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png]
Disregard Choices, Acquire Swain Garen's mai waifu
#2aHappySackaPosted 4/7/2013 4:21:33 PM
Why? almost half the cast are not viable or are underpowered.

Dota 2 has less playable heroes and 5 bans per team, which goes to show how much more balanced it is.
---
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m631/happysack2/TheDog.png
#3Savra104Posted 4/7/2013 4:25:40 PM(edited)
It is more likely that if people actually need more than 6 bans, too many characters are OP, Riot needs more quality control and/or people simply need to get better at dealing with champions.
#4Herostratus_Posted 4/7/2013 4:25:58 PM
aHappySacka posted...
Why? almost half the cast are not viable or are underpowered.

Dota 2 has less playable heroes and 5 bans per team, which goes to show how much more balanced it is.

rofl
---
LoL IGN: Yossarian42
#5eco masterPosted 4/7/2013 4:31:18 PM
Savra104 posted...
It is more likely that if people actually need more than 6 bans, too many characters are OP

I'm pretty sure it's more likely that people just don't want to bother learning counterplay against "annoying" champions. People prefer to ban Blitzcrank instead of buying more wards. It's not a balance issue at all, if you ask me.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#6MegeasPosted 4/7/2013 4:34:10 PM
Its more they want to play a favorite champion and don't want to get counter picked.
#7kfcguy77Posted 4/7/2013 6:43:24 PM(edited)
They said they're not since at this point since in competitive play, you get closer to just being able to ban all the champs that the enemy team is known for in addition to all the ops at the moment. The goal of banning isn't to just be able to ban every champ you don't like, it's to get rid of ones that your team might struggle to deal with given the strategies you have. If there's more then 3 champs that you absolutely can't beat, then you're doing something wrong.

Also, don't ban Shen or Blitz. There's your 2 bans you're looking for. They're by far the most overrated champs in league right now.
---
Lol: ShiningRarity
#8SharzakenatorPosted 4/7/2013 8:28:56 PM
eco master posted...
Savra104 posted...
It is more likely that if people actually need more than 6 bans, too many characters are OP

I'm pretty sure it's more likely that people just don't want to bother learning counterplay against "annoying" champions. People prefer to ban Blitzcrank instead of buying more wards. It's not a balance issue at all, if you ask me.

This is correct. I don't think Shen is broken, but his ult is really damn irritating.
---
I got so much love I don't know where to put it
#9Alakazam_fanPosted 4/7/2013 8:39:19 PM
Riot has stated that they will increase the number of bans to equal the ratio of S tier champs.
---
He asked if it was possible for a male human to have a sex with a female horse. He even drew a diagram; I think a stepladder was involved.
#10SharzakenatorPosted 4/7/2013 8:42:44 PM
No they havent
---
I got so much love I don't know where to put it