As a noob jungler when ganking....

#1fft_ramzaPosted 4/8/2013 8:53:04 PM
... do I want to get the kill or give it to the laner? I just went 2/2/19 as Vi, everyone was so thankful but I was kinda poor.
---
Signature for rent
#2BlocktopusPosted 4/8/2013 8:58:30 PM(edited)
Depends on if your laners are dicks or not.

But really it depends on who you're playing and who the laner is I guess. If you're somebody like nocturne and your top is shen then you could probably use the gold more than shen could but most of the time I just give the kill to the laner.
---
http://i.imgur.com/f09dfvV.jpg
#3HostileFirePosted 4/8/2013 8:58:20 PM
I'd rather get yelled at for getting the kill secure than allowing someone to get away without any net gold for the team. It really depends also on how aware you are of the escape ability level of the enemy champ, if flash/ghost is down and if your carries actually need the gold or not. Better safe than sorry though if you can't keep all/most of that in mind.
---
http://tf2b.com/?id=hostilefire | Steam ID: HostileFire
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/HostileFire/stats/188642465/ps3/
#4divineshotPosted 4/8/2013 8:59:00 PM
I would say it depends.

While you get stronger with kills as in you get more money, helping the lanes get the kill gives them money, hence making the team stronger over all.

As long as you help gank and take towers I say you did your job marvelously.
---
Gamertag: PhantomCheez
#5aHappySackaPosted 4/8/2013 8:59:05 PM
Well it wouldn't hurt to take one or two for yourself, but generally the lamers get more out it.
---
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m631/happysack2/TheDog.png
#6MegaSTVPosted 4/8/2013 9:04:24 PM
Nah.

Voli gets all the kills. Early game fed voli is basically unstoppable.
---
thats why is hard to take you seriously, by the time you have a good argument i will have a perfect english grammar
-Anema1968
#7GameFreakJakePosted 4/8/2013 9:07:09 PM(edited)
If possible try to give it to the laners, but unlike supports don't worry about avoiding it. If you think there's any chance they can escape, take the kill yourself.

Oh, also unless you're running a more carry type jungler like Nocturne, you shouldn't have to worry since your damage output should be less than the laners. You're mostly providing the CC to lock the enemy down.
---
This is Jake's topic. Nothing is innocent. >_>~DarkNight11
#8Ravid182Posted 4/8/2013 9:07:59 PM
Generally speaking you want to give the kills to the laner.

This is not always the case.

If you are a potential carry jungler like a Khazix or something, then giving yourself the kills is very fine or often preferred.

Also some players are just so bad you are simply not giving your team any gold when you give them gold [which you probably should be focusing on your better lanes then... if you happen to have any better].

However, I go by one rule when I am support or jungle.

95% of the time I will not sotp attacking just to "give someone else the kill."

95% of the time that is foolish and not worth he risk.

The times I have tried to *give someone the kill* often times you think there is no way they will live, but then guess wha tthey do. It will happen. And you will hate yourself every time it does. Same as when playing support.

There is a 5% of the time where there simply is no possible way for it to happen and even then I often don't back off.

If people complain that is their problem. They should be simply happy you did anything at all. Only fools insult someone when being handed a gift.
#9TomorrowDogPosted 4/8/2013 9:12:53 PM
Er, you should make no attempt to give kill to your laner unless you happen to be platinum elo. That is just theorycraft crap that is literally not going to serve you in the reality of low elo solo queue. Take the gold for yourself and carry, junglers sure as hell do enjoy extra gold. Get fed and take over the enemy jungle or win all lanes for your team.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#10Silvanus350Posted 4/8/2013 11:17:34 PM
Preferably, give the kill to the laner when possible. This may allow them to snowball their lane.

Always take the kill when uncertain. It is absolutely better that you get the majority of the gold over getting no gold. Gold is always good - gold wins games.
---
You are now breathing manually.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ~ |||||||||||||||||||| ~ ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]