Which ADCs make the best top lane bruisers?

#11iluvaznchixPosted 4/9/2013 2:45:48 AM
i always imagined trist would do well
---
whatever ridiculousness i've just posted, i swear to you, i'm not on drugs
XBL GT: i luv azn chix: PSN: iluvaznchix : @iluvaznchix
#12MizunoRyuuPosted 4/9/2013 2:55:20 AM
SupaPowers posted...
Kennen. I know normally you build him AD, but if you take him top and build AP he can do pretty well.

AD Kennen isn't the norm. It's a troll build someone came up with back when his range was almost decent enough to pull it off, but thanks to the nerf, it's not viable at all any more. You'd be better off with a Teemo or TF as an ADC than him.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#13Suffer_NotPosted 4/9/2013 3:12:41 AM
Caitlyn because her range, escape, and traps make it easy to deal with most bruisers.

Quinn because her blind and vault are particulrarly effective against people who do not have hard cc.

Urgot because he can build tanky cdr and still do great damage.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#14Black_AssassinPosted 4/9/2013 4:02:27 AM(edited)
MizunoRyuu posted...
SupaPowers posted...
Kennen. I know normally you build him AD, but if you take him top and build AP he can do pretty well.
AD Kennen isn't the norm. It's a troll build someone came up with back when his range was almost decent enough to pull it off, but thanks to the nerf, it's not viable at all any more. You'd be better off with a Teemo or TF as an ADC than him.

AD Kennen is used at EU LCS. And Kennen's range is 550.
---
lowercase
#15PraetorianGhostPosted 4/9/2013 4:00:20 AM
Quinn should only be played bruiser top.

Urgot is pretty good top.

Caitlyn can be played top but then you would either have a bruiser in the bot lane or have two adc's without much to soak up damage and peel late game.
---
Note: All posts come with a giant invisible asterisk stating:
"All statements expressed are opinions unless specifically stated otherwise."
#16kratospwnsnoobzPosted 4/9/2013 6:21:01 AM
FlameLord23 posted...
I think Quinn is probably the best since she's such a bad ADC

ADC does not mean ranged, tryndamere, fiora and Yi are melee ADC
---
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#17Ravid182Posted 4/9/2013 6:22:48 AM
Quinn

I mean other than cleanup that ult is basically only for AD bruisers lol.
#18Beech_tibsPosted 4/9/2013 6:25:51 AM
Black_Assassin posted...
MizunoRyuu posted...
SupaPowers posted...

AD Kennen is used at EU LCS. And Kennen's range is 550.

Well ap Alistar was used in dreamhack
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#19Suffer_NotPosted 4/9/2013 7:29:55 AM
PraetorianGhost posted...
Quinn should only be played bruiser top.

Urgot is pretty good top.

Caitlyn can be played top but then you would either have a bruiser in the bot lane or have two adc's without much to soak up damage and peel late game.

Cait top is an excellent counterpick to a couple of champions (Teemo comes to mind) but works best with some sort of kill lane/bruiser setup for bot. For example, if your team first picks Jarvan and the enemy counters with Swain because Swain does an excellent job of bullying melee champs up top, you can surprise them by picking Leona/Cait but then sending Cait to the top lane. A tactic that won't normally work in solo queue but can be useful in a premade.

Alternatively, she makes a great addition to a team with something like Urgot/Taric in the bot lane. Urgot can dominate common counterpicks to Caitlyn like Miss Fortune or Sivir and then serve as a tanky initiator late game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX