How likely is the fort pot price nerf to go through?

#11SeaIntoTheSkyPosted 4/9/2013 12:08:16 PM
gkh5 posted...
Which just means its gonna be right back to what they wanted to get away from. Back to boots 3 and maybe cloth 3 and ward for top lane and long sword + 2 pots on ADC's. I don't mind but I think its funny how the changes they wanted are kinda biting them in the ass in ways they never thought of for some reason.

Edit: Or flask and ward on top and mid now. Not a whole lot of reasons to start anything else if they were to nerf red elix and pots spam

With the nerf to limit the number of potions it won't be excessive and the price increase to elixir does not allow for wards which normally makes you both hard to push out of lane and safe for taking such an aggressive start build. After the nerfs I am hoping these riot will be able to balance for all of these options:

Boots pots
Long sword pots
Doran
Flask pots
Elixir pots
Ward pots
Cloth pots
Machette pots
#12gkh5(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 12:21:29 PM
SeaIntoTheSky posted...
gkh5 posted...
Which just means its gonna be right back to what they wanted to get away from. Back to boots 3 and maybe cloth 3 and ward for top lane and long sword + 2 pots on ADC's. I don't mind but I think its funny how the changes they wanted are kinda biting them in the ass in ways they never thought of for some reason.

Edit: Or flask and ward on top and mid now. Not a whole lot of reasons to start anything else if they were to nerf red elix and pots spam

With the nerf to limit the number of potions it won't be excessive and the price increase to elixir does not allow for wards which normally makes you both hard to push out of lane and safe for taking such an aggressive start build. After the nerfs I am hoping these riot will be able to balance for all of these options:

Boots pots
Long sword pots
Doran
Flask pots
Elixir pots
Ward pots
Cloth pots
Machette pots


Just the way the game is played though, doran's will never be used commonly on top or mid because you put a giant bullseye on yourself if you start with one. And with jungling still being about getting your double buffs ASAP and ganking the most vulnerable solo lane, I really don't see starts that don't allow for a ward getting any use by good players. It's just too risky not too unless they make your sustain absolutely butchered somehow for starting with a ward.
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#13Earthbound360Posted 4/9/2013 12:26:22 PM
SeaIntoTheSky posted...
gkh5 posted...
Which just means its gonna be right back to what they wanted to get away from. Back to boots 3 and maybe cloth 3 and ward for top lane and long sword + 2 pots on ADC's. I don't mind but I think its funny how the changes they wanted are kinda biting them in the ass in ways they never thought of for some reason.

Edit: Or flask and ward on top and mid now. Not a whole lot of reasons to start anything else if they were to nerf red elix and pots spam

With the nerf to limit the number of potions it won't be excessive and the price increase to elixir does not allow for wards which normally makes you both hard to push out of lane and safe for taking such an aggressive start build. After the nerfs I am hoping these riot will be able to balance for all of these options:

Boots pots
Long sword pots
Doran
Flask pots
Elixir pots
Ward pots
Cloth pots
Machette pots


What the heck are we supposed to buy to start then?
---
You know 1% milk? If it's 1% milk, what's the other 99% of white stuff?
General Screenname Name: Mik! || Monster Hunter Profile in Quote