Are there any challenger tier players here?

#1Brutal_FelixPosted 4/9/2013 2:21:19 PM
I just hit 30 yesterday. My goal is to reach challenger and go pro. I have this nice rig here with great Internet. My ping is never over 80. I have all the tools needed for success now I just need to train. I'd like any advice from people who have already made it to challenger. Thank you sirs ^_^
---
Steam ID: Brutal_Felix
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.4Ghz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Ripjaws X Series 8 GB | Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
#2TheSchrefPosted 4/9/2013 2:23:21 PM(edited)
I don't think there are any challengers here.

Most are bronze/silver, a good amount of golds, a few plats, and a few diamonds.
#3Brutal_Felix(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 2:24:19 PM
TheSchref posted...

Most are bronze/silver, a good amount of golds, a few plats, and a few diamonds.

So getting to challenger really is that hard huh? I'm even more excited now lol
---
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.4Ghz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Ripjaws X Series 8 GB | Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
#4eco masterPosted 4/9/2013 2:26:11 PM
Brutal_Felix posted...
So getting to challenger really is that hard huh?

Considering it's the top 200 or something players in a region out of some millions of players...
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#5FightingBoarPosted 4/9/2013 2:26:28 PM
Brutal_Felix posted...
I just hit 30 yesterday. My goal is to reach challenger and go pro. I have this nice rig here with great Internet. My ping is never over 80. I have all the tools needed for success now I just need to train. I'd like any advice from people who have already made it to challenger. Thank you sirs ^_^
i was in challenger a while back. it is really hard to stay in there cuz the requirements are really high. unless you have 24/7 free time dont think about stayin in it. you have to play a set amount of games a day or you will lose placements. also once you get into challenger you dont get to be a pro. they are totally separate.

take it from me I just retired from being a pro gamer on league. i am going back to school.
#6TheSchrefPosted 4/9/2013 2:27:13 PM
Brutal_Felix posted...
TheSchref posted...

You're going to make it. It's not that hard. Be sure to quit you job/drop out of school as soon as possible. You can't have anything holding you back.
#7Brutal_Felix(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 2:27:53 PM
FightingBoar posted...
Brutal_Felix posted...
i was in challenger a while back. it is really hard to stay in there cuz the requirements are really high. unless you have 24/7 free time dont think about stayin in it. you have to play a set amount of games a day or you will lose placements. also once you get into challenger you dont get to be a pro. they are totally separate.

take it from me I just retired from being a pro gamer on league. i am going back to school.

I was told that once you move up a tier you any fall out of it? Like once you hit gold you can never go lower than gold v or whatever?
---
#8Brutal_Felix(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 2:28:51 PM
TheSchref posted...
Brutal_Felix posted...
TheSchref posted...

You're going to make it. It's not that hard. Be sure to quit you job/drop out of school as soon as possible. You can't have anything holding you back.

Thnx for the support!
---
#9FightingBoarPosted 4/9/2013 2:32:10 PM
Brutal_Felix posted...
I was told that once you move up a tier you any fall out of it? Like once you hit gold you can never go lower than gold v or whatever?
challenger tier is a separate beast. it only takes in the top 50 players. if you dont play you will get moved down in placements due to points. if you dont play at all you will get booted out of challenger same as if you lose too many points.
#10Brutal_Felix(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 2:34:48 PM
FightingBoar posted...
Brutal_Felix posted...
challenger tier is a separate beast. it only takes in the top 50 players. if you dont play you will get moved down in placements due to points. if you dont play at all you will get booted out of challenger same as if you lose too many points.

Also how do you get noticed? By streaming? I was thinking of starting to do that once I got to at least gold. I don't think anyone would watch a silver streamer lol.
---