Just got to level 20

#1breakfastramenPosted 4/10/2013 11:29:13 AM
I went ahead and bought some extra rune pages when they were on sale, now I need to start filling them. I currently have roughly 8000 ip. So, do I start buying runes for specific champs, or are there some generic runes I should focus on first because they show up in many different builds?
#2NicoGrimmPosted 4/10/2013 11:30:26 AM
I can't think of anyone who doesn't benefit from Greater Seals of Armor.
Get those
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#3boktai3Posted 4/10/2013 11:31:24 AM
well theres general builds for roles, such as adc is
Red: armor pen or flat damage
Yellow: flat armor
Blue: scaling MRes
quints: damage.

what role do you play?
#4ryanaPosted 4/10/2013 11:32:36 AM
Armor seals are pretty much useful for everyone, AD and AP quints, scaling MR glyphs are used by quite a few, marks can vary a little more
#5Walker_RealPosted 4/10/2013 11:33:26 AM
Yellow Flat Armor, Blue Scaling Magic Res

Those two are standard blue and yellow

Then the two standard red pages are

8x Armor Pen
1x Crit Chance %

And

9x Magic Pen

Then for Quints it's probably the most varied. I run 2x move speed, then 1x extra Magic or Armor pen
#6Walker_RealPosted 4/10/2013 11:35:34 AM
Bruisers sometimes prefer AD runes instead of armor pen as it scales with their moves better and they won't get as high base damage as a regular AD.

Mids sometimes prefer movespeed, I mean any one does sometimes, but certain mids really benefit from it (Vlad)

Some supports and some bruisers take Mana regen blues, or CDR blues, for instance Rengar likes CDR blues.
#7breakfastramen(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 11:37:12 AM
Newb question: are the blues always *scaling* MRes for a particular reason? Like they don't sell flat MRes or something?

Also it sounds like I'll be safe getting some of these with a wide variety of champs, but I also like to play support. How much will that change the runes I need?
#8boktai3Posted 4/10/2013 11:39:14 AM
breakfastramen posted...
Newb question: are the blues always *scaling* MRes for a particular reason? Like they don't sell flat MRes or something?

Also it sounds like I'll be safe getting some of these with a wide variety of champs, but I also like to play support. How much will that change the runes I need?

they do but it's a quite low value collectively, and you need much more MR late game then you do early game, as opposed to armor, which you need a good amount through the whole game.
#9MrDinkyPosted 4/10/2013 11:41:14 AM
i have 700 wins and I JUST recently got all the default runes..

red: armor pen / +AD / +AP (maybe?)
blue: CD reduction / flat MR
yellow: AS / Flat Armor
quints: Movespeed / Flat AP / Armor Pen / Flat AD
---
PSN:(MrDinky)____(o o)______|
MR.DINKY___.-ooO-(_)-Ooo-.__|
#10breakfastramen(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 11:41:43 AM
boktai3 posted...
well theres general builds for roles, such as adc is
Red: armor pen or flat damage
Yellow: flat armor
Blue: scaling MRes
quints: damage.

what role do you play?

I honestly haven't played a lot of PVP (I know, embarrassing), so whenever I do, I like to be as friendly and helpful as possible and I volunteer to just fill whatever role is needed. I end up playing support a decent amount of the time, which I actually enjoy if I have good synergy with the ADC. I'm probably most comfortable as support, and least comfortable as mid or jungle.