New Udyr: Phoenix or Tiger in da jungle?

#1Dark_DcPosted 4/10/2013 12:19:39 PM
What do you guys think? I at first didn't see the need for Phoenix since the new jungle is pretty good to single target DPS but Phoenix is definitely better for a disrupting tank build.

Going Tiger I get fed early and snowball lanes, as Phoenix I get the lane fed and peel like a boss. Thoughts?

Also are you maxing W or E second? I see merits to both but seems a tough choice
---
The snozberries taste like snozberries!
LoL: dantheautomator
#2AlastreonPosted 4/10/2013 12:20:36 PM
Tiger's fo life.
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1177-6984-9180
#3SeanMx33Posted 4/10/2013 12:21:49 PM
I usually play tiger but haven't played phoenix enough to really make a strong argument for it.
Also, I usually max e first or max e and w evenly
---
Go Forth!
#4EcchiBakaPosted 4/10/2013 12:22:39 PM
I go Phoenix first but after putting 3 points in it I level Tiger and whatever hell else I think I need.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka. Give me ecchi manga recommendations!
http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
#5mutation10101Posted 4/10/2013 12:24:47 PM
Phoenix for insane clear speed and great burst.
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#6Iraumas220Posted 4/10/2013 12:27:15 PM
I've been going phoenix and building mostly tanky. and leveling W second. Peel enemies off carry and phoenix burst them, then go turtle to tank shots.

This is just bronze tho, so I'm forced to go full tank because no one knows how to initiate in bronze. I love me some tiger tho
---
"The moral of the story, children, is that typos can often lead to death, or worse, being called a racist.
"
- Dragon Nexus
#7NicoGrimmPosted 4/10/2013 12:30:52 PM
1 point in tiger at level 1, then phoenix.
The DoT and AS Steroid from Tiger synergyzes amazingly well with Phoenix.
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#8Dark_Dc(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 12:32:10 PM
SeanMx33 posted...
I usually play tiger but haven't played phoenix enough to really make a strong argument for it.
Also, I usually max e first or max e and w evenly

Hm. I like the damage I get maxing Q or R first.

I have also heard of 3 points in R then going tiger after but I feel like this spreads you too thin for the early/mid game. Maxed phoenix with some tank and AS is pretty beastly now that I have played it. But yeah Tiger is like

YO IM IN YOUR LANE AND IF YOU DON'T FLASH YOU'RE DEAD BRO

Guess it'll depend on the comp. Might try the Bear first soon
---
The snozberries taste like snozberries!
LoL: dantheautomator
#9EDumeyPosted 4/10/2013 12:37:02 PM
I've been going phoenix. Though I've played Udyr jungle since mid-S2, so I'm a little stuck in my ways. The change of proccing Phoenix on first hit was a great change for getting that burst out there in a fight though.

As far as maxing turtle versus bear, it depends on the game. Are you ahead and jusy need more mobility to stay ahead? Bear all the way. Do you need to soak up a lot of damage and be a super slippery jungle? Turtle stance wins you games. Not sure? Level them evenly. Most games I play, I opt for maxing turtle first, simply because it can get you in and out of a lot more sticky situations than bear can. But bear stance first can work out.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#10EDumeyPosted 4/10/2013 12:37:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]