What's Riot's official stance on kill stealing?

#11SupaPowersPosted 4/10/2013 1:51:38 PM
I mean, it's definitely not in the best interest of the team for the support to take a kill rather than the ADC, but the concept of kill stealing in LoL is utterly ridiculous, considering there's more global gold per kill that way.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#12FvPPosted 4/10/2013 1:52:15 PM
People who cry about kill stealing are actually 12 years old
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#13DarksteelPosted 4/10/2013 1:53:22 PM
MegaSlime posted...
You mean, Kill Secured.

---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#14InfestedAdamPosted 4/10/2013 2:43:38 PM
I always wondered about this as well. As someone who has played very little versus human opponent games, how bad can it really bad if say a support takes all the kills from the ADC? Can the difference in gold between an assist and kill actually make or break that ADC?
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#15Luigy2693Posted 4/10/2013 2:46:10 PM
InfestedAdam posted...
I always wondered about this as well. As someone who has played very little versus human opponent games, how bad can it really bad if say a support takes all the kills from the ADC? Can the difference in gold between an assist and kill actually make or break that ADC?

All? Auto lose pretty much
Half? Better hope no one is feeding for a chance to win
#16Thalandor46Posted 4/10/2013 2:46:15 PM
InfestedAdam posted...

It's the kind of thing you should try to do. If you are absolutely sure that the ADC can pick up the kill, then you should give it to them, because ADCs are much more reliant on expensive items than supports are. If there is any level of doubt, then support getting the kill is better than no kill at all. But regardless of all that, it is never by any means a reportable offense.
---
"as i fight, she watch me. so i pray, never to forget...that being Meguca was suffering!" -Hameru
#17Game Show(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 2:50:14 PM
Does that mean that complaining about it and (the threat of) reporting are technically harassment/verbal abuse?
---
"When it comes to eating out, being a girl is the only way to go." - Ranma
#18xXDragonBladeXxPosted 4/10/2013 2:55:28 PM
Last time I tried to humor someone about me kill stealing them, we inadvertently allowed the target to escape.

So yeah, KILL SECURED.
#19MasterDarkenPosted 4/10/2013 2:55:40 PM
Kill Stealing - The act of blatantly taking a kill after doing no work to secure such a victory. e.g. You coming in and hitting the enemy with one attack after someone else was busy lowering the enemy health while clearly able to secure the kill on their own.

Kill Securing - Ensuring the death of said enemy unsure if those fighting said enemy can finish the job. e.g. You coming in and throwing down your skill rotation to help a group fight, such as turning a 2v2 into a 3v2, thereby ensuring a greater chance of success for kills/assists all around.

Clear cut defining, really. Its just that 90% of the community are idiots, 9% are META-tards and the 1% of us left live in reality. :)
#20DuDuDu10101Posted 4/10/2013 3:23:11 PM
Riot's official stance on KS?

they have a karthus, what more needs to be said?
---
*slaps TC with a raw chicken*
This will continue until you make proper gamefaqs messages.