R.I.P. In Peace, Health Potion Starts

#1AphoristicPosted 4/10/2013 5:35:18 PM(edited)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=36578507#post36578507
Hey all, I just wanted to talk about the changes we're making to limit health potion stacks. While this is the PBE and things are subject to change, I'd still like to give some context behind this particular change.

At the moment, we are planning to limit the maximum number of health potions you can hold at any time to five. This change was intended to combat super high sustain starts, where champions (particularly those going top and mid lane) would buy as many health potions as possible (and a ward or two) in order to sustain in lane forever. The problem is that this really destroys any incentives players have to interact. Resourceless champions in particular benefited from these starts and, for champions with mana pools, we've actually seen that some literally do not have enough mana to burn through that much sustained HP.

On that note, we arrived at the hard limit of five health potions because this should have the least impact on standard starting builds while still targeting the high sustain problem.

Hope this gives some insight into our approach to these changes.
TL;DR: 5 health potions max at any time in your inventory.
---
[ Aphoristic (360/Steam/League) | Aphoristic92 (PS3) ]
[ 'Look at that dang-ass dang!' - Arin Hansen ]
#2MMG_Posted 4/10/2013 5:34:50 PM
Ah whatever.

Imma just keep buyin red elixir and carrying my teamz ez.
---
When I'm drunk I like to feed the trolls.
[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]|||||||||||||||||||\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
#3VoidgolemPosted 4/10/2013 5:35:49 PM
so instead of health pots I buy flask and then some pots/wards.

ok
---
"And though I drive through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil because I'm driving a house-sized mass of '**** you'"
#4aHappySackaPosted 4/10/2013 5:36:11 PM
Good, it was annoying to face opponents who would have nothing but potions and make it pointless to even attack them by yourself.

As long as red elixirs are untouched then it's cool.
---
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m631/happysack2/TheDog.png
#5HagenExPosted 4/10/2013 5:36:17 PM
It's actually good. 9 pots ward starts are for brain damaged 12 year old nerds.
#6random_blahPosted 4/10/2013 5:37:12 PM
Most people started Red elixir + 5 pots anyway didn't they?
---
http://i.imgur.com/6rJbW.jpg
#7Savra104Posted 4/10/2013 5:41:45 PM(edited)
I think this should be applied to every consumable for the sake of solidarity and uniformity. But more or less, this is one of the best ways to fix the issue without directly nerfing the items.

EDIT- Furthermore, if Red Elixir continues to be an issue, bringing up the cost to 300 wouldn't be bad. 350, on the other hand, would kill options and the usability of the item.
#8Master_strikerPosted 4/10/2013 5:37:55 PM
riot

Please

stop.
#9xRustySpoonPosted 4/10/2013 5:39:42 PM

I wouldn't say most, but the start you're thinking of is Red Pot + Ward + 4 Pots. Sometimes I would skip the ward and get a few more pots if I wasn't scared of a jungle gank.
---
Get dumpstered.
LoL/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.
#10SeaIntoTheSkyPosted 4/10/2013 5:39:55 PM
random_blah posted...
They are going to increase Red Elixir price as well.