Is it impossible to climp ladder as solo Q support?

#1bighairycamelPosted 4/10/2013 8:01:14 PM
I main support and 4 games in a row get we get our ADC ffed and we lose to some neckbearded extra-chromosome having half wit. Seems like only duo Q with someone skilled is the way to climb ladder as main support.

/blogfaqs
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that know binary and those that don't.
#2AscoltarePosted 4/10/2013 8:02:26 PM
A day in the life of a support...
---
Shaq: "Rondo is still the best PG in the game." Barkley: "Is D-Rose dead?"
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwzhis3Scz1r3gup8o1_400.gif
#3SomnambulisticPosted 4/10/2013 8:06:46 PM(edited)
It's a lot LOT easier as an aggressive support, for sure.

My win rate in Ranked is better with Leona than any other champion I own, just for example.

Leona/Taric/Lulu are the holy trio of support "carries", with Thresh and Blitz being great whenever they're not banned. So never.
---
Waiting for a new Unreal Tournament/Championship.
#4infinitexxPosted 4/10/2013 8:05:24 PM
It can be tricky. You need to play certain supports, and shy away from ones that rely too heavily on the competency of your partner.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#5bighairycamel(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 11:09:54 PM
The partner isn't the problem, we win our lane. It's just 1 of the 2 other lanes that muffs up and screws us.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that know binary and those that don't.
#6olijollyPosted 4/10/2013 11:11:38 PM
only as a support and no other role?
im going to say no
#7MaeivPosted 4/10/2013 11:12:32 PM
I reached gold by exclusively playing Taric
---
Achieve the dream
76ers, Eagles
#8_HeXPosted 4/10/2013 11:24:11 PM
Maybe until you reach Gold, after that you need to duo.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#9nomorePosted 4/11/2013 1:56:27 AM
_HeX posted...
Maybe until you reach Gold, after that you need to duo.

I would say the opposite.
in bronze you will get a lot of bad adc's who won't know how to capitalize on your advances even when you are spoon feeding them kills.

gold+ I'd expect them to be more competent.
a good support will win the lane, and the game!
#10sequeezeyPosted 4/11/2013 1:59:48 AM
ElderPredator12 posted...
It's a lot LOT easier as an aggressive support, for sure.

My win rate in Ranked is better with Leona than any other champion I own, just for example.

Leona/Taric/Lulu are the holy trio of support "carries", with Thresh and Blitz being great whenever they're not banned. So never.

See, therein lies another problem. I've laned with so many ADCs that can sort of make use of my being a good support and go 5/0 in lane, but when teamfights roll around and I can't hold their hand the whole time they suddenly end up being 6/9 because they have **** mechanics. True story.
---
__ +_Sequeezey_+__
_-* *-___-* *-___-* *-_