Is it impossible to climp ladder as solo Q support?

#11GTOrider88Posted 4/11/2013 3:03:38 AM
nomore posted...

in bronze you will get a lot of bad adc's who won't know how to capitalize on your advances even when you are spoon feeding them kills.

This, can't say for sure if it's only Bronze though but in general, if you don't duo with an ADC, some ADC players are just too scared to do anything. You can only do so much but when your ADC doesn't take advantage of the many signs you are trying to give them, you can't win the lane as a support alone. Less you're Lulu.
#12EDumeyPosted 4/11/2013 7:00:30 AM
I have like a 90% win rate as support both solo and duo queue. Mostly Taric, but sprinkles of other supports around the map.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#13AlastreonPosted 4/11/2013 7:02:40 AM
I was solo Queue as taric in ranked,whole team was doing nothing but feeding,except vayne.we literally 2v5'd and won,oh and i also stole baron that game,using nothing but flash,and 0 ap shatter to kill it.
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1177-6984-9180
#14Lord SojiroPosted 4/11/2013 7:24:28 AM(edited)
Aggressive support who doesn't have to commit too hard. I really like Leona, but if you go in and your ADC doesn't commit, you are screwed cause you just went into melee range. Then again, this is something that people really underestimate in solo queue, but a simple smart ping can work wonders to letting your teammate know to get ready. Also, your lane partner is more likely to commit if you aren't making bad decisions like diving the enemy laners when you've got 12 enemy minions pushing or if you've got minions under your turret.

Even then, I feel like Leona is good for solo queue despite that risk. She can peel so hard in teamfights. If your ADC is so bad that he still dies after you peel for him 3 times, well, time to peel for someone else.
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#15Ninjapleas3Posted 4/11/2013 7:31:47 AM
The secret is to not allow the game to get to late game. Ward their jungle and pick off the enemy and get objectives while you have an advantage. Team fights are a noob trap and your teammates can lose you a game that you worked so hard to get an advantage in during lane phase.
#16Hyper InfernoPosted 4/11/2013 8:15:54 AM
Play an aggressive support that can peel later in the game.

Lulu, Taric, and Zyra are great at this. Strong poke and presence in lane, and all have tools to peel for your carry later in the team fight.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#17theBIGman53Posted 4/11/2013 8:43:23 AM
I love supporting when I have a competent lane partner. I know a guy who plays an absolutely insane Draven, and I love to duo with him because he wins. I refuse to support randoms. They are usually bad. I actually made a thread about hating Solo Queue support a few days back so I feel you my guy,
---
Just so everyone knows, the plural of STAFF is STAVES
#18shadyelfPosted 4/11/2013 8:44:56 AM
it's pretty hard. Great for duo queue, whether that is your ADC or not doesn't matter.
---
?
#19UnderwaterAirPosted 4/11/2013 10:58:44 AM
Easy.
#20BlocktopusPosted 4/11/2013 11:00:33 AM
ElderPredator12 posted...
It's a lot LOT easier as an aggressive support, for sure.

My win rate in Ranked is better with Leona than any other champion I own, just for example.

Leona/Taric/Lulu are the holy trio of support "carries", with Thresh and Blitz being great whenever they're not banned. So never.

Lool I don't even play Leona in ranked anymore simply because I can't trust solo q dumbasses with her. can't tell you how many times I've landed a perfect combo on the other adc, mine just sat back to farm and I died.
---
http://i.imgur.com/f09dfvV.jpg