The potion nerf seems unnecessary

#31MegaSTVPosted 4/11/2013 10:46:09 AM
BirdFluFTW posted...
5 is still too much imo... Should either cap it at 3 or remove health pots completely. Give the jungle camps a bigger heal on killing them if you're carrying a machete or its upgrades to compensate for junglers, and lanes can actually try to harass each other again

Worst idea ever.
---
thats why is hard to take you seriously, by the time you have a good argument i will have a perfect english grammar
-Anema1968
#32MasterDarkenPosted 4/11/2013 10:48:17 AM
MegaSTV posted...
I'm elise running against rumble. I go flask 3 pots, he goes... well anything. He's not getting staying in lane.

Champions with built in sustain are basically getting a buff, Champions with a great poke are getting a buff. Poor Mordekaiser. Get wrecked.

I don't even PLAY resourceless champs that much. I'm just saying that there are clear drawbacks, and there are clear reasons why you'd go 9 pots first. 9 pots effectively meant that if you were countered in lane it wasn't guaranteed that you'd lose lane without jungler help. Now it pretty much means you are.

The whole point of having a Jungler is to leave the solo lane enemy helpless against the onslaught of a 2v1. You aren't supposed to survive if you aren't watching for possible gank times or having the river warded.

Also, 9 pots usually means you want to be a complete *** and either go all-in right from the start with a faceroll champ or you don't want their to be any fun in the lane. I see no SMART reason for 9 pots, even on Morde. You shouldn't be spamming endlessly or trying to engage without a clear shot of winning the fight just because you have HERP DERP pots.
#33DiortePosted 4/11/2013 10:58:11 AM
Like starting with 800000 pots is helping to diversify starting builds.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM-XSYKrFo
#34eco masterPosted 4/11/2013 11:02:05 AM
ThyCorndog posted...
All it's doing is lowering our starting item options

No, they're increasing them because now there's no longer a single best starting build for everyone.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#35MasterDarkenPosted 4/11/2013 11:04:24 AM
eco master posted...
ThyCorndog posted...
All it's doing is lowering our starting item options

No, they're increasing them because now there's no longer a single best starting build for everyone.

Someone with a brain here besides me? It's a miracle!

But yeah, its going to open the doors again to builds instead of everyone copying the same derpy build. Although, majority of the community are sheep and follow the "META" so...I guess its just back to people following mobafire guides again.
#36omega bahumatPosted 4/11/2013 11:06:04 AM
angermngment101 posted...
They already don't lose gold on death and passive gold/sec was increased in S3.

I knew this would be a problem when they buffed gold/sec this season for junglers and supports.

I was like wtf is the point of out-CSing someone if it doesnt matter as much anymore? Now late-game champs are OP, and early-mid game champs are trash.

Are we playing the same game?

Early lane dominance still matters.
#37Soldier3rdClassPosted 4/11/2013 11:12:19 AM
Well there goes my Mordekaiser.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD