Nautilus

#21Earthbound360Posted 4/11/2013 3:46:22 PM
Blocktopus posted...
Earthbound360 posted...
Blocktopus posted...
Earthbound360 posted...
He doesn't have the damage to single handedly destroy a person in a fight (he's not supposed to; you can't have that much CC AND damage), that doesn't mean he can't make a huge impact even in a solo queue game. This doesn't stop Thresh from being a top rate support, does it?

There are carry junglers, and there are utility junglers. Utility junglers require a team with a brain which most people in solo q bronze don't have. Carry junglers don't really need a team to know exactly when to follow up because if they get fed they can just destroy people on their own. You wouldn't believe how many times I've come to gank as Nautilus and my laner did absolutely nothing because I wasn't doing any damage and said "we wouldn't have killed them".

tldr most bronze players are awful and don't know how to work together. Utility junglers need a good team to be at their best.

I'm not even saying naut is bad because he's hands down my favorite jungler and I'd pick him any day of the week over anybody else, but people are just stupid when it comes to utility junglers that don't do damage. If they aren't getting things done then you don't have the damage to take matters into your own hands and carry. Cc all you want but if your team is feeding purposely, raging, constantly getting caught out of position all the time, splitpushing for no reason etc then nothing is going to get done.

By your apparent definition of carry, then yes, he cannot dish out enough damage alone to win teamfights. However, like I said, he can still make a huge impact on games. I DID say that your allied laners would have to be sleeping in order to not make money off a gank. Even then, he's a better ganker than a good number of other junglers that likewise require some input from their allied laners. In fact, there actually aren't many junglers than can walk in and kill an enemy while their allied laner sits under tower. Maybe like, a Shaco with red buff attacking Sona on bot lane.

In a normal game in which your allies dont have the attention span of a goldfish, Nautilus ganking all over the map with boots of mobility is a truly scary thing. The pressure he exerts and kills he sets up are endless. In teamfights, he's an AoE CC monster, hellbent on pinning down prime targets or making sure your ADC (assuming he's not an idiot) lives. Sure he's not murdering a prime target alone, or 1v5ing the enemy team, but his teamfight presence is still quite strong.

You'd be surprised at how god-awful people are in bronze assuming you've never played there. It's pretty much hell. You can't trust your team to do their part so it's almost like you have to pick champs and do the damage and ward for them. When I play naut I feel like I'm constantly babysitting my team. Always saving them when they get caught out, warding every part of the map because people don't understand the importance of wards (seriously, I've had a game where I bought exactly 28 wards because nobody else bought any), and it's common to get people like this. The only thing I can't do for my team is the damage.

Well... I guess I should consider myself thankful then lol.
---
You know 1% milk? If it's 1% milk, what's the other 99% of white stuff?
General Screenname Name: Mik! || Monster Hunter Profile in Quote
#22TomorrowDogPosted 4/11/2013 5:09:58 PM
He isn't "terrible" for solo queue by any stretch of the imagination. My god, this board takes any weakness of a champion that isn't FotM and exaggerates it to the stupidest degree to justify never playing them.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#23BlocktopusPosted 4/11/2013 5:12:27 PM
TomorrowDog posted...
He isn't "terrible" for solo queue by any stretch of the imagination. My god, this board takes any weakness of a champion that isn't FotM and exaggerates it to the stupidest degree to justify never playing them.

Stop posting. Didn't even read my posts nor have you probably even tried solo q with him.
---
http://i.imgur.com/f09dfvV.jpg
#24KinzuPosted 4/11/2013 5:16:00 PM
You can play Nautilus Support. He is pretty similar to Thresh Support only with a much easier to land skill shot. He just doesn't have the lantern that makes Thresh so good.
#25TomorrowDogPosted 4/11/2013 5:21:25 PM
I've wrecked solo queue with him.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#26CosmosYearsPosted 4/11/2013 7:11:13 PM
I'm the best Nautilus in the world and people saying he's not good for bronze are correct. It's so much easier to take advantage of morons in bronze and for that you want to carry and have some damage.

Jungling in bronze is pretty stupid anyway because if you're decent you should just be able to stomp a lane every time and carry that way.
#27BlocktopusPosted 4/11/2013 8:16:55 PM
CosmosYears posted...
I'm the best Nautilus in the world and people saying he's not good for bronze are correct. It's so much easier to take advantage of morons in bronze and for that you want to carry and have some damage.

Jungling in bronze is pretty stupid anyway because if you're decent you should just be able to stomp a lane every time and carry that way.

---
#28FreshSushiPosted 4/11/2013 9:10:09 PM
Naut was terrible before this buff (yeah I don't wanna hear how you won a game once in bronze so he's OMG SO GUUDD DAT CCCUR DURRRRR). And even now I dunno if he's worth picking up again.
---
Hidetaka Miyazaki, Shinji Mikami
Please come back Q_Q
#29CosmosYearsPosted 4/12/2013 6:40:17 AM
FreshSushi posted...
Naut was terrible before this buff (yeah I don't wanna hear how you won a game once in bronze so he's OMG SO GUUDD DAT CCCUR DURRRRR). And even now I dunno if he's worth picking up again.

Wat. The buff is a luxury buff and nothing more. All it does is make it so you don't have to derp like 3 or 4 seconds waiting for your W to come up for a camp. The armor buff helped him to take one less hit from wraith camp. As far as ganks or team fighting he plays exactly the same.
#30BlocktopusPosted 4/12/2013 6:54:34 AM
FreshSushi posted...

Lol? No, Naut was still good before this buff. No clue what you're talking about mate.
---