Can I get banned for doing "go fast" builds in Dominion?

#11Flame_HazardPosted 4/11/2013 3:02:12 PM
I still don't know why boots of swiftness aren't preferred. I need my MS in combat o.o
---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.
#12Zeeak4444Posted 4/11/2013 3:09:42 PM
infinitexx posted...
Zeeak4444 posted...
Odds are you won't. It's not against the ToS and anything bar 6boots or all wards most people won't punish.

Trolling is, so if you build unconventionally and also do horrible, there's a solid chance you'll get a slap on the wrist for it.

Game isn't balanced around dominion so there is no normal build.

Building for max MS to cap points faster is a legit strat and certain champs are picked specifically for it. If it was SR ya maybe but I would be surprised to see dominion give a ban/warning for something that actually works.

Also at the guy who said troll build I hope so.. Objectives are much more important then kills. By your thought process I would start reporting people who fight champions for throwing games and trolling the team from winning...
---
Typical gameFAQers are "Complainers that always complain about those who complain about real legitimate complaints."-Joker_X
#13dark_lord_havocPosted 4/11/2013 3:31:48 PM
There are normal builds and an accepted meta. Just because you don't play the game type doesn't mean you can troll at will.
#14ineedaname88Posted 4/11/2013 3:39:25 PM
dark_lord_havoc posted...
There are normal builds and an accepted meta. Just because you don't play the game type doesn't mean you can troll at will.

Go fast builds actually work well where most of the dominion playerbase actually is. So it's both good and not too trolly either.
---
Go big or go home broke. Bro-ski.
#15CovenantPosted 4/11/2013 3:50:17 PM
dark_lord_havoc posted...
Just because you don't play the game type doesn't mean you can troll at will.

By labelling unconventional builds as trolling, you're inhibiting the growth of the game.

If you don't experiment, you won't learn. People being gigantic babies and reporting you if you try to experiment disincentivizes experimentation and the growth of the game. You're literally saying that you want people who engage in the activity that leads to a greater understanding of the game punished.
#16Hyper InfernoPosted 4/11/2013 4:04:37 PM
The presumption if you don't communicate otherwise to your team with a strange build is that you're trolling.

So communicate to your team why you're doing a strange build, and that'll save you from being punished.

That being said, max CDR Zilean + zeals is a pretty awesome strategy that can really frustrate teams that don't know how to deal with it on Dominion.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#17infinitexxPosted 4/11/2013 4:29:18 PM
Zeeak4444 posted...
infinitexx posted...
Zeeak4444 posted...
Odds are you won't. It's not against the ToS and anything bar 6boots or all wards most people won't punish.

Trolling is, so if you build unconventionally and also do horrible, there's a solid chance you'll get a slap on the wrist for it.

Building for max MS to cap points faster is a legit strat and certain champs are picked specifically for it. If it was SR ya maybe but I would be surprised to see dominion give a ban/warning for something that actually works.

Also at the guy who said troll build I hope so.. Objectives are much more important then kills. By your thought process I would start reporting people who fight champions for throwing games and trolling the team from winning...

You're attributing a sense to the Tribunal that does not exist.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#18Raging FirePosted 4/11/2013 4:59:21 PM
POOTERSS popularized the backcapping build in dom using Zilean with FON, shurelia, and the like. It's an interesting strategy that can work against disorganized teams, provided that your team knows that you're planning on it. You have to balance utility, tankiness, and MS, so don't stack zeals, otherwise you'll explode as soon as anyone catches you. The problem with focusing purely on MS is that you're essentially useless in teamfights. Even if you manage to cap a point, there's absolutely no way you'd be able to defend it.

By labelling unconventional builds as trolling, you're inhibiting the growth of the game.

If you don't experiment, you won't learn. People being gigantic babies and reporting you if you try to experiment disincentivizes experimentation and the growth of the game. You're literally saying that you want people who engage in the activity that leads to a greater understanding of the game punished.

There is a normal meta and an expected build for champs. If you plan on doing an unusual build or strategy, at least talk to your team during champ select. Suddenly springing AD Annie or something with no prior notice is just rude to your teammates.
#19ChocoboDreamsPosted 4/11/2013 5:14:12 PM
Blocktopus posted...
lol no it's dominion who cares as long as you cap points

People that say "who cares as long as I cap points" almost always end up on the losing side, unless the other team thinks the same thing.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#20ElliotasticoPosted 4/11/2013 5:32:02 PM
Friend of mine got banned for this w/ Rammus.

Yes
---
Official (everything) of (every) boards. I am who I please.