This sounds bizarre, but last night I understood ADC for the first time

#1Walker_RealPosted 4/12/2013 8:20:07 AM
Basically I understood the role for the first time in my life last night as Vayne.

1) Unless you're going in for the kill or can deal serious damage, continue getting creep score. Even in the middle of an exchange, KEEP LOOKING FOR the low hp creeps.

~ I went 5-1 early by incredibly good micro (ezreal Q vault dodging, well landed condemns) ... this is EASY to do as a carry with a good support~

~I went 5-5 late due to the fact I did what I always do - Lose sight of creep kills, become over confident in my dive capabilities~

2) When I lost my edge versus the enemy carry & in 1v1 I did something different- I went back to cs and started avoiding fights. It's silly, but I knew with stronger items I could be different. Especially as Vayne, who can't drop off really.

~Came back and wrecked the 10-1 fed Singed, won the game with a score of 9-5, had to calm down and go back to cs till I caught up but it worked.
#2wantfastcarsPosted 4/12/2013 8:23:42 AM
Yeah. The moment you realize, "I will be more credit to team if I go obliterate that creep wave accumulating in Top and come back with a finished Phantom Dancer instead of all-in diving their Carry right now," is the moment you can start getting really good at adc.
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#3Final_HatsamuPosted 4/12/2013 8:26:54 AM
wantfastcars posted...
Yeah. The moment you realize, "I will be more credit to team if I go obliterate that creep wave accumulating in Top and come back with a finished Phantom Dancer instead of all-in diving their Carry right now," is the moment you can start getting really good at adc.

But then your team engages in an easily avoidable 5 vs 4, get obliterated, and blame you for not being there even when you told them via chat: "don't fight, I'm going to farm top".

n.n
---
M-8 "I turn the tide, by choosing to abide"
1Cross + 3Nails = 4given
#4SoulknightX0Posted 4/12/2013 8:29:37 AM
pretty much as most carries you cs unless theres a really good kill opportunity
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bentrey/
#5Walker_Real(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 8:30:40 AM
It's really learning when to be there and when to farm I guess.

I don't know if I love Vayne, she feels like a trade off.

Versus someone like Ezreal, I lose the exchange / take more damage early, but late game I can eat a tank no one else can. Hm
#6Final_HatsamuPosted 4/12/2013 8:39:20 AM
Walker_Real posted...
Vayne: I lose the exchange / take more damage early, but late game I can eat a tank no one else can.

Yep, that's basically her.
---
M-8 "I turn the tide, by choosing to abide"
1Cross + 3Nails = 4given
#7angermngment101Posted 4/12/2013 8:42:16 AM
But then your team engages in an easily avoidable 5 vs 4, get obliterated, and blame you for not being there even when you told them via chat: "don't fight, I'm going to farm top".

This every single game.
---
Gamefax
#8MizunoRyuuPosted 4/12/2013 9:32:26 AM
Assassins farm champs, Carries farm minions.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#9iXCelticXiPosted 4/12/2013 9:34:45 AM
angermngment101 posted...

This every single game.

---
LoL IGN: Greedy