Why don't more people use Jayce bot?

#21happyscrub1Posted 4/14/2013 12:08:23 PM
learn something new everyday.
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#22ssj4supervegetaPosted 4/14/2013 12:11:55 PM
thats how everyone used him when he came out. but it sucked. failed a lot tho.

after people learned how to use him well they realized how good he is top lane

he has like no counters and wins 1 v 1 in just about all situations, and thats a lot better for top lane.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#23iXCelticXiPosted 4/14/2013 12:18:29 PM
LOD was messing around with it awhile back. Hardly conventional but it's quite a bit of fun imo!
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#24CrumpledPaperPosted 4/14/2013 1:38:13 PM
thats how everyone used him when he came out. but it sucked. failed

lol no, he stomped any squishy adc and had synergy with just about every support at the time.
---
Eh
#25ZedPowerPosted 4/14/2013 2:02:41 PM(edited)
bstbll posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
ZedPower posted...
AS items are fairly bad on him. All the money you've spent on the stat goes away when you use the cannon W. No other carry has a large portion of their gold value vanish when they use a steroid.

What?

His cannon W increases his attackspeed to the maximum possible value (2.5). It isn't a percentage, so while he's using it any gold he's spent on attack speed isn't giving him any benefit. I assume that's what Zed meant.

Yeah that's exactly it. Jayce wants AD, armor pen, and survivability, because these stats are permanently useful no matter what he does. Every gold spent on AS or crit is better spent on any of these three. No other champ synergizes so poorly with Phantom Dancer, and I'm including non-carries in that comparison. Heck, Tristana also has a massive AS steroid, but PD is still amazing on her because Rapid Fire has the courtesy of not automatically hitting the cap (unless you had way too much AS to begin with).

It's not impossible to make him work in bot lane but the only reason you'd want to is style points because he looks pretty cool. And also Jayce is always fun to play so yeah that is a second reason. But he just doesn't have much of an advantage in the role, compared to actual specialized ADCs.
---
"ˇViva La Revolución!"
-Salvador Limones
#26megadude1Posted 4/14/2013 2:08:27 PM
Same reason people go Quinn mid or top. Though I just went adc Quinn with Taric against an ezreal and leona and kept the zoned out the entire lane phase.
---
ehhh. Watch my stream twitch.tv/megasmeagles
IGN: WrSmega - Silver III
#27Stalky24Posted 4/14/2013 2:33:26 PM(edited)
Jayce has most incredible attack speed steroid in the game and is my favorite ADC.

Jayce is incredible in all-in lane. He has by far highest AD scaling lvl 2 combo (3.68) so it makes AD runes very effective on him.

The way I build ADC Jayce is CDR and AD. I rush Brutalizer in lane and win it immidietly.
Since he has such a tiny attack range, you cant be aa-ing all the time. So I just wait for Hypercharge cd to go off (3.6 with max CDR) and burst down someone and repeat. In meanwhile I spam other spells.

I had around 65% win rate with it S2 (around 40 games), 100% win in S3 (just 2 games though :D)
#28Rules Shadowrun DoesPosted 4/14/2013 3:11:35 PM
ADC Jayce doesn't build attack speed.

He builds CDR and crit. His W is one of the best steroids in the entire game based on the AD component alone... and it's on a stupidly low cooldown at max CDR, plus when you use it right it's 4 max attack speed attacks. IE+Ghostblade is generally core, although you'll probably want some lifesteal somewhere inbetween.
---
I still can't fathom why TT is getting flamed just for teaching. Then again, this IS GameFAQs, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. -CyberpunkKitty
#29ZedPowerPosted 4/14/2013 6:42:48 PM(edited)
Rules Shadowrun Does posted...
ADC Jayce doesn't build attack speed.

He builds CDR and crit. His W is one of the best steroids in the entire game based on the AD component alone... and it's on a stupidly low cooldown at max CDR, plus when you use it right it's 4 max attack speed attacks. IE+Ghostblade is generally core, although you'll probably want some lifesteal somewhere inbetween.

Well that's better, I almost kind of agree. Wanting CDR is good, and getting a Brutalizer item is also good, points for that.

But given that, why waste a support on him? The dude has a strong early game and never falls off, he has great disengage, is hard to gank, and is easy to gank for. He doesn't need to be babysat. Take him top and own face. I don't get this obsession with sending him bot. Carries go bot because they suck on their own for the first half of the game. It's a place of shame where kind selfless people hold your hand and give you all their money while you learn to walk on your own two feet. Jayce doesn't belong there. He belongs in glory.

(in case it's not made obvious by the fact that I referred to bot lane as a place of shame, i may not be entirely serious in certain parts of this post)

(do get CDR though, that is Good)
---
"ˇViva La Revolución!"
-Salvador Limones
#30ssj4supervegetaPosted 4/15/2013 2:47:34 PM
CrumpledPaper posted...
thats how everyone used him when he came out. but it sucked. failed

lol no, he stomped any squishy adc and had synergy with just about every support at the time.

dude i was there. it failed miserably every single game lol

i mean yes it was partly due to the fact that people didnt know how to play him right (not doing combos right and stuff) but at the same time it was already shown to fail...plus after people figured him out they realized his dueling capabilities and well....just made him great for top lane.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!