I am glad rADCs are weaker in season 3

#1kratospwnsnoobzPosted 4/15/2013 10:31:58 AM
I hate the term 'carry' why does one has to be more importnat than the rest? I'm glad they are just ranged DPS now, instead of real carries
---
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#2MindOSTPosted 4/15/2013 10:35:09 AM
I like how people say they're underpowered now, and yet they're still so important that you absolutely need one on your team no matter what >_>
---
Obvious alt is obvious
http://www.youtube.com/user/MindOST
#3MegaHowlerPosted 4/15/2013 10:36:38 AM
MindOST posted...
I like how people say they're underpowered now, and yet they're still so important that you absolutely need one on your team no matter what >_>

---
3DSFC 4382-2743-5839
#4ThyCorndogPosted 4/15/2013 10:37:28 AM
only way to win without an adc is to win early
---
Hey what's going on in this thread http://i.imgur.com/9VkxI.gif
My friend's YouTubes. She's got LP's and stuff. http://www.youtube.com/user/ratbirdchampion
#5viajarvPosted 4/15/2013 10:39:41 AM
double bruiser duo lane, but it's still about starving their ad carry.
#6wantfastcarsPosted 4/15/2013 10:41:10 AM
viajarv posted...

I tried that once. Olaf and Darius bot lane vs. an Ashe and a (good) Soraka. We got our asses handed to us heartily.
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#7Rookie_JetPosted 4/15/2013 10:52:44 AM(edited)
MindOST posted...

Not if go double bruiser bot instead. It's a bit of a gamble (with odds in your favor), but you should be able to shut down that ADC so hard they never get to the point where they can actually carry. Of course, if you fail, you're screwed for late game. Better hope you have a good push team to end it quickly.

We're just used to building a team around an ADC in this meta. They're not crucial at all. You can definitely use a push strat to end the game before ADCs can carry. You can also use a heavy ganking strat to shut down the ADC (or any other late game champs).

Again, it's just a bit of a gamble. If you fail early on, your late game will be tough unless you have champs who are versatile enough to be great all throughout the game. Fizz and Cass come to mind for me.

EDIT:
wantfastcars posted...
viajarv posted...

I tried that once. Olaf and Darius bot lane vs. an Ashe and a (good) Soraka. We got our asses handed to us heartily.

That's not a great dual bruiser combo imo. Not enough hard CC+burst synergy imo. You need a mix of something like Renek/Xin/Panth/J4 or something like that.

Also, like Duality said, lack of gap closers on Olaf and Darius. The 4 I listed have good gap closers, hard CC, and burst.
#8DualitypainPosted 4/15/2013 10:50:15 AM
wantfastcars posted...
viajarv posted...

2 easy to kite melee ADs vs a ranged champ that slows for days, plus a heal with built in armor with a silence. Of course that's going to be a loss.
---
LoL IGN: Mr Microwave
#9UnderwaterAirPosted 4/15/2013 11:14:13 AM

lol @ Olaf and Darius.
It's true that double bruiser against a strong sustain lane like Soraka or Alistar is quite hard, especially since they're able to freeze the lane with relative ease thanks to Soraka heal and armor bonus off of that.

Past that though your two picks were pretty damned crappy.
Try with Pantheon next time. He's an absolute beast at bottom lane against ADC thanks to his on demand stun and burst. Pantheon + Rengar or Pantheon + Nidalee trolls the lane so hard.
#10Darkyellow327Posted 4/15/2013 11:25:58 AM
Dualitypain posted...
wantfastcars posted...
viajarv posted...

2 easy to kite melee ADs vs a ranged champ that slows for days, plus a heal with built in armor with a silence. Of course that's going to be a loss.

Leona and Mantheon can be tough for regular bot lanes after level 3.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle