Swain is broken.

#1Herostratus_Posted 4/15/2013 6:23:59 PM
Just cause I felt this topic needed to be made again. Zebra should not get quadra kills when he wasn't even doing well in lane.
---
LoL IGN: Yossarian42
http://i.imgur.com/CpLNL4h.png
#2eco masterPosted 4/15/2013 6:26:21 PM
But anyone can get a four kills in quick succession. It's just kind of a dick move.

Also, in-lane performance doesn't always have to determine post-laning performance. Clever plays and good positioning can cause you to overcome early game issues. Plus, Swain's damage is largely spread over time rather than being very bursty (in relativity to other champions known for burst damage) so you have time to react to him.

He's not broken. He's good. No need for sensational headlines.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#3KirynTheClericPosted 4/15/2013 6:47:53 PM
huehuehue
---
Mods saying pokemon reproduction topics aren't related to the game is like saying theory-talk isn't allowed, and yet theory-talk IS allowed. Hmm, go figure...
#4DarkLagunaPosted 4/15/2013 8:35:02 PM
Swain is also a late-game champion. He does decent sustained damage early on, but until he gets a couple ranks into his Ult, he has a hard time securing kills without the jungler. Once he hits 11+ though, he gets enough sustain to be pretty tanky as well as dealing great DoT.

So him losing lane isn't a very good indicator that he'll be useless endgame. There's a lot of champions like that, with horrible laning phases but amazing late game; Vayne, Kassadin pre-6, Nasus, etc. They pretty much have to play safe until they get later in the game, then they're suddenly the terror of teamfights (in a good player's hands, anyway)...
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
#5shadyelfPosted 4/15/2013 8:43:11 PM
is he really worth learning? Even with blue his mana seems like a pain in the ass
---
?
#6eco masterPosted 4/15/2013 8:46:52 PM
shadyelf posted...
is he really worth learning? Even with blue his mana seems like a pain in the ass

You have to be very careful with your ultimate usage, as the cost ramps up very quickly. Outside of that, though, I've never experienced any pressing mana problems.

At the very least, learning Swain is a fun, new thing to do if you want to learn a new champion, and he's not a bad pick. Area of effect stuns are no joke later on in the game - as DarkLaguna said, Swain really can shine later on in the game even if his early game is less than optimal.
---
#7shadyelfPosted 4/15/2013 8:48:04 PM
Swain really can shine later on in the game even if his early game is less than optimal.

yeah i really like champs like that. Guess I'll start learning him then. And he can go top too so that's nice.
---
?
#8nugazerPosted 4/15/2013 8:48:46 PM
shadyelf posted...

Swain doesn't really have mana problems unless you are leaving your ult on for prolonged periods of time.

Unless you're teamfighting, you shouldn't have it on for more than a few seconds.
#9eco masterPosted 4/15/2013 8:50:19 PM
shadyelf posted...
yeah i really like champs like that. Guess I'll start learning him then. And he can go top too so that's nice.

Definitely. He has enough utility to get away with building a little more durability than some AP Carries., which helps him in top lane against common bruiser picks.
---