Why do top tier players constantly make movement adjustments?

#1darkwing1232Posted 4/16/2013 9:21:20 AM
Even when attacking towers with no enemy around they make minor movements in between AA and I'm curious why. Im sure some of its positioning but some of it seems extremely unnecessary. Does minor movements reset the AA animations so more attacks can be made or is it mostly just out of habit?
#2albinorhino004Posted 4/16/2013 9:22:15 AM
resets the AA animation
---
drinking is very bad
#3dennis941012Posted 4/16/2013 9:22:24 AM
Even when attacking towers with no enemy around they make minor movements in between AA and I'm curious why. Im sure some of its positioning but some of it seems extremely unnecessary. Does minor movements reset the AA animations so more attacks can be made or is it mostly just out of habit?

habit
this isn't dota orb walking doesn't benefit hitting tower at all
---
#4Darkyellow327Posted 4/16/2013 9:22:30 AM
Probably because in some games movement cancels the recovery part of an animation.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#5earthmaster3Posted 4/16/2013 9:23:02 AM
You never know when an enemy may be just past the closest brush
---
It's like walking up to a girl you really like, going in for a kiss, only to get a casual punch to the face before the kiss.
- Notch
#6TayzeeusPosted 4/16/2013 9:23:19 AM
I do it to change my position from where I think the jungler might be coming from(or anybody willing to gank really).

If I see jungler ganking top and I'm mid I'll move towards bot a bit while hitting the turret.
---
can you guys keep it down im tryna watch netflix
#7Viewtiful_JonPosted 4/16/2013 9:24:55 AM
Probably in case of skill shots or something, but you are correct that a lot of it seems wasteful. It does not help you attack faster in this game.
#8omega bahumatPosted 4/16/2013 9:29:22 AM
Certain champions have low attack animations, but long attack recoveries (looking at you jarvan)

Nautilus can reset his auto attack quite easily as can pirate

anivia and karthus are the only two champions i can think of where moving inhibits their tower pushing
#9Rookie_JetPosted 4/16/2013 9:40:08 AM
omega bahumat posted...
Certain champions have low attack animations, but long attack recoveries (looking at you jarvan)

Nautilus can reset his auto attack quite easily as can pirate

anivia and karthus are the only two champions i can think of where moving inhibits their tower pushing

*shudders* dat bird's AA animation...
#10hawkeye2188Posted 4/16/2013 9:42:43 AM
Viewtiful_Jon posted...
Probably in case of skill shots or something, but you are correct that a lot of it seems wasteful. It does not help you attack faster in this game.

I'm not a top tier played, but what you suggested first is why I try to move around to help dodge a blind skill shot.
---
GT: hawkeye2188