"Q=Control, W=Utility, E=Damage" Riot @ Thresh's nerf

#1HagenExPosted 4/16/2013 10:07:42 AM
What. Flail has no meaningful damage even with a full AP build LOL. It was actually Q=Damage, W=Utility and E=Control since the mini-pull+slow was actually serving as CC and not his Q most of the time.

RIP Green Lantern.
#2T3h_4rb1t0rPosted 4/16/2013 10:11:21 AM
1. Flail is sejuani
2. They are just moving the passive from Q, to E. I dont really understand how this will affect his gameplay at all, please explain.
---
george washington was in a cult , and the cult was into aliens, man. yea the founding fathers were way into aliens.
#3SoulknightX0Posted 4/16/2013 10:14:04 AM
T3h_4rb1t0r posted...
1. Flail is sejuani
2. They are just moving the passive from Q, to E. I dont really understand how this will affect his gameplay at all, please explain.

Now thresh does not have both damage and a low cooldown hook in a single ability
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bentrey/
#4eco masterPosted 4/16/2013 10:14:09 AM
HagenEx posted...
What. Flail has no meaningful damage even with a full AP build LOL.

It does now if the changes go through.

It was actually Q=Damage, W=Utility and E=Control

...Yes, it was. They are changing it. That's the point of this change. Seeing as a very strong utility spell was also resulting in a ton of damage, I think this is pretty fair.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#5viajarvPosted 4/16/2013 10:15:00 AM
So the passive of Q is moving over to Fillet?
#6HagenEx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 10:17:36 AM
T3h_4rb1t0r posted...
1. Flail is sejuani

1. Sweeping Scythe* my bad, you got what I meant though :D

2. To keep Thresh being a factor during laning phase, you were getting both control and a bit of damage through leveling Q. His notoriety during laning phase will be brought down a lot just because E is a really, really bad skill, and doesn't even match up to other support's stuns and slows. It's actually a nerf because a lower CD on Q offered better chances to land that said passive than your E will.

You will now pretty much have to double Q to get in range and actually do some damage through your leveled E. Or risk not doing damage at all and lvl up Q like before, turning you into a lantern thrower.
#7HagenEx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 10:18:37 AM
SoulknightX0 posted...
T3h_4rb1t0r posted...
1. Flail is sejuani

Now thresh does not have both damage and a low cooldown hook in a single ability

Which was the only thing that kept him balanced.
#8ssupermario92Posted 4/16/2013 10:20:01 AM
still a stupid ass change IMO
---
Super Mario Bros. 3 is better then Super Mario World
People who agree: 49 PM if you think so as well Latest person who agrees: ryana
#9Sir Spiffy CapePosted 4/16/2013 10:20:09 AM
HagenEx posted...
E is a really, really bad skill

What?

E is amazing. Huge range, easy to land, slows and displaces, and COMES AFTER A HOOK, and has AMAZING synergy with his ult letting you throw someone into up to 3 walls.

What are you smoking?
---
A game that promotes slavery and gambling under the illusion of 'friendship' and 'sportsmanship' is automatically an awesome game. - dydt
#10Lord SojiroPosted 4/16/2013 10:21:14 AM
HagenEx posted...
SoulknightX0 posted...
T3h_4rb1t0r posted...
1. Flail is sejuani

Which was the only thing that kept him balanced.

Hehehe, Thresh balanced.
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!