Is it just because I'm more used to tanky champs, or is ADC hard to play?

#1NicoGrimmPosted 4/16/2013 12:01:05 PM(edited)
So, like I don't play ADC much. I play Junglers, and bruisers, and supports, and whatever. I like characters that can take a hit before dying.
But, whenever I play ADC, I do horribly. It just feels like if youre out of position even once, you get killed immediately. The fact that you die when someone looks at you funny doesn't really help either.
I suppose my question is, are ADC hard to play well? Or, am I just not used to them?
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#2Camel-RiderPosted 4/16/2013 12:01:57 PM
its certainly not a piece of cake to position in team fights and do damage at the same time without taking too much damage.
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#3Darkyellow327Posted 4/16/2013 12:02:43 PM
Hard to play well because you have to be positioned well. They require the most situational awareness because you need to stay alive and dish out damage over time.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#4CosmosYearsPosted 4/16/2013 12:03:25 PM
Watch pros, I was in your position for a long time and hated the role then I decided to try it more and I'm pretty decent.

The knowledge you gain from playing tanky champs will help you in positioning since you understand what other champs can do to you. This game is all about knowledge at a certain point.

If you have a good knowledge of the game just watch pros a bit to get into the bottom lane mindset since there's a different mindset to every lane, once you have that and if your mechanics are decent you should be able to ad just fine.
#5Final_HatsamuPosted 4/16/2013 12:04:20 PM
Mid and ADC are my main roles.
I guess I'm used to them, but I wouldn't consider them hard to play even while you do need to pay attention to your position on teamfights; that just makes them even funnier to play.
---
M-8 "I turn the tide, by choosing to abide"
1Cross + 3Nails = 4given
#6NicoGrimm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 12:05:28 PM
Watch pros, I was in your position for a long time and hated the role then I decided to try it more and I'm pretty decent.

The knowledge you gain from playing tanky champs will help you in positioning since you understand what other champs can do to you. This game is all about knowledge at a certain point.

If you have a good knowledge of the game just watch pros a bit to get into the bottom lane mindset since there's a different mindset to every lane, once you have that and if your mechanics are decent you should be able to ad just fine.

I should do that.
I've been trying to at least understand how to play every role so that I'm not completly useless if everything else is picked already. So far, ADC's been giving me the most trouble.
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#7ryanaPosted 4/16/2013 12:05:44 PM
I wouldn't call it hard, but its certainly not brain-dead easy like top and mid are.
#8NicoGrimm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 12:08:32 PM
So, why is it that everyone always calls either ADC or mid first?
...and most of the time fail horribly.
---
#9UnderwaterAirPosted 4/16/2013 12:09:46 PM
ADC is team dependent. If your team is doing well and know how to peel for you, you win. Even if you flash, fly away, ghost away, QSS, and dump all the damage on, if your allies don't know how to peel and target select for you you die in teamfights, regardless.

That and League of Gap Closing CC Bruisers (with 150+ armor and 2.8k+ warmog hp) means ADC sucks.
#10ryanaPosted 4/16/2013 12:11:11 PM
NicoGrimm posted...
So, why is it that everyone always calls either ADC or mid first?
...and most of the time fail horribly.

I would be so happy if I could figure that out.