Trundle build tips?

#11Small_appliancePosted 4/16/2013 7:50:19 PM
iPWNtheNoobs posted...

No offence but, AD runes. His Q has good ratios and resets auto attack.

That build is beyond terrible. Reminded me why I haven't been on mobafire for over 2 years

I didn't even mention a defined build beyond the core of Golem Spirit/Mallet/Randuin's >_>
---
Cooler than Freddie Jackson sippin' a milkshake in a snowstorm.
#12WebBowser(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 5:24:08 AM
I think he was talking about the mobafire guide you posted. Also, why take AD runes over AS runes? Unless your going top I cannot see why you would give up AS.
---
Enjoy writing your own stories? Like Pikmin? Want to enter a fully developed world with a blank slate to mold to your hearts content? PM Imboredsoimrest!
#13Chrikke666Posted 4/17/2013 5:28:26 AM
Iceborn Gauntlet + Spirit Visage usually to max out your CDR and get a nice mixture of defensive stats. You can add a Hydra of Bloodthirster as well if you're really fed. Other than that, go for tanky stuff. Max CDR is super important though. Trundle's all about maximizing his utility.
---
LoL EU West: Sabrewylf
#14Chrikke666Posted 4/17/2013 5:29:14 AM
WebBowser posted...
I think he was talking about the mobafire guide you posted. Also, why take AD runes over AS runes? Unless your going top I cannot see why you would give up AS.

Because proper use of his Q means all AS you buy is wasted early game. At least that's how it is on live, not sure what they did to it now with the remake.
---
LoL EU West: Sabrewylf
#15AlastreonPosted 4/17/2013 5:33:34 AM
WebBowser posted...
So it sounds like I either go Triforce + Merc Treads + tanky tanky tanky or I go FM, Iceborn, Merc Treads, Bulwark, whatever the heck I want for my last 2 items because by now I'm invincible. Btw, I assume skill order is Q > W > E > Q > W > R > max Q > max E > max W? Or do I want to max contaminate before pillar?

*edit* oh, and I still want standard jungle runes, right? Also, when I counterjungle, should I focus on killing the enemy jungle or just taking buffs?

Ok, a few things,one you usually want to get wriggles,it makes you instagib the jungle,and he kinda needs it,with no aoe at all,next maxing W or E is just depending on what's going on,usually it's E.
My build is usually machete pots,go back when you can afford wriggles and hopefully boots,then get the phage,and upgrade to merc's,game is usually over by now,if it keeps going,here are a few nice items to get.

IBG is great on him,gives him some much needed aoe damage,and nothing on there is totally wasted,since your ult scales a little.

Hydra is a good thing to replace wriggles with at the end of a game,let's him destroy everything in aoe.

FM is of course a nice item to get.

Spirit visage is amazing on him for obvious reasons.

And also consider getting a Youmu's/LW for some much needed arm pen at the end of a game,if they get a lot of armor.

TL,DR It's not really that long,so why not read it C:
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1177-6984-9180
#16WebBowser(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 5:33:50 AM
b-b-b-but mechete procs... I might stick with the non-optimal runepage anyway just because I don't feel like making a third jungle rune page, I'm a support main darn it!
---
Enjoy writing your own stories? Like Pikmin? Want to enter a fully developed world with a blank slate to mold to your hearts content? PM Imboredsoimrest!
#17ZedPowerPosted 4/17/2013 5:43:13 AM(edited)
WebBowser posted...
*edit* oh, and I still want standard jungle runes, right? Also, when I counterjungle, should I focus on killing the enemy jungle or just taking buffs?

If by "standard jungle runes" you mean AS reds, armor yellows, choice of MR blues, MS quints, then yes. (I understand the deal with Q resets but it's not always a good idea to spam Q on cooldown, especially if you start donating blue early. AD runes have a better best case scenario, but AS is a bit safer if things aren't going amazing.)

Trundle's dueling is frikkin' great, so if you have an idea of where the other guy is, by all means do find him and crush his face, especially if they're weak in a 1v1 (like Hecarim). If you can't track them down of course it's not a bad idea to mess up their jungle camps, but it might mean they're getting in position to gank a lane though so keep your eyes open.
---
"ˇViva La Revolución!"
-Salvador Limones
#18FreshSushiPosted 4/17/2013 5:42:01 AM
Don't play trundle
---
Hidetaka Miyazaki, Shinji Mikami
Please come back Q_Q
#19WebBowser(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 6:32:34 AM
ZedPower posted...
WebBowser posted...

If by "standard jungle runes" you mean AS reds, armor yellows, choice of MR blues, MS quints, then yes. (I understand the deal with Q resets but it's not always a good idea to spam Q on cooldown, especially if you start donating blue early. AD runes have a better best case scenario, but AS is a bit safer if things aren't going amazing.)

Trundle's dueling is frikkin' great, so if you have an idea of where the other guy is, by all means do find him and crush his face, especially if they're weak in a 1v1 (like Hecarim). If you can't track them down of course it's not a bad idea to mess up their jungle camps, but it might mean they're getting in position to gank a lane though so keep your eyes open.

And yes, that is exactly what I meant. I personally prefer flat MR runes so that I don't get insta-gibbed every time I try to gank mid lane, though Trundle's kit seems to be more geared for counterjungling then ganking.

@everybody: Thanks for all the tips folks, very helpful stuff.
---