How to build top lane Cho'Gath?

#1KrKABUT0Posted 4/16/2013 4:58:03 PM
I've read a lot of guides and I can't find any consistency.
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#2DepressedOtterPosted 4/16/2013 4:59:47 PM
Depends on what you want to play.

Cho'Gath is very versatile. No one item is really "core", on Cho'gath.

Typically you should be looking for tanky items. Whether you go full tank or off-tank or whatever is up to what your team needs.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ThatRavage
http://i.imgur.com/8xkwd.png
#3BhelliumPosted 4/16/2013 5:00:32 PM
Top'Gath builds how he pleases.

On Hit'Gath, Tank'Gath, Burst'Gath, Cooldown'Gath, go crazy bro.

Depending on lane matchup and the needs of the team.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#4shadyelfPosted 4/16/2013 5:00:43 PM
I used to do sunfire warmogs

now I do RoA then a giant belt item then other tank stuff. I dunno really varies.
---
?
#5KrKABUT0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 5:03:41 PM
So he's basically good with anything? Sounds good.
---
#6justdeath1Posted 4/16/2013 5:05:38 PM
i feels Frozen heart is core on him imo
works with almost any build
#7KrKABUT0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 5:34:51 PM
bump
---
#8awwwSNAPPosted 4/16/2013 5:50:08 PM
You can build just about anything, but as a general rule of thumb my first buy with him is usually the bottom tier resistance item that's appropriate to the lane. Ill usually pick up a Giants Belt next, because seeing Cho return to lane with >1500 hp at level 7 is very demoralizing. Then you can get like... Anything. Wits End is good if you picked up early magic resist. Glacial shroud if you got armor. Haunting guise is a fine pickup as well, or Abyssal if you're taking tons of magic damage. I like building that Giants Belt into an early Warmogs because if they can't kill you with a belt they will be double sad when they see that extra 600 hp, but Rylai's or even frozen mallet would probably work fine too.

Basically, get big, make them scared, and build whatever you want. Then eat them. Max e first for infinite sustain.
#9DavidPuddy82Posted 4/16/2013 5:50:50 PM
For me, I like to build him with a lot of HP with some tankiness and AP. With 6 stacks, makes him really hard to kill.
#10KrKABUT0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 5:58:12 PM
My issue with him is that I really don't know what to build on him. Should I be getting more AP items or more tanky items? Should I get 2 AP items or just 1? I'm really lost when it comes to what to build on him.
---