Watching pro commentary has given me a new perspective on Reginald and HotshotGG

#1centurion911Posted 4/16/2013 7:07:44 PM(edited)
80/80

I see them get absolutely shredded all the time by the community. Listening to the pro players talk about them in their Vlogs/Gamecribs/other venues, I have a new opinion on these two.

I used to believe the talk that Regi was terrible and a burden to the team. There were quite a few games that me made plays that seemed very dumb. Listening to Dyrus, Saint, and other talk about him has made me realize that, gameplay-wise, he's the mid version of Voyboy. Ultra aggressive, makes the calls, always looking for a fight. There are times his aggression turns out badly but, most of the time, he makes huge plays. It now seems like the problems he had was when he decided on aggression and his team didn't follow up (something that he stated and was flamed for) but with WildTurtle in the mix they've been doing that. Where Chaox was extremely Alpha and acted as a 2nd shotcaller, WildTurtle is much more laid back and allows Regi to make the calls themselves. All the pros consider him one of the best mids in NA and, watching his games with that perspective, I can understand why.

Onto Hotshot, he gets flamed a lot for pushing without wards and dying to ganks. I never thought he was a good top. While I do see this happen quite a bit, I can also see where his strategy pays off. Dyrus talked about Hotshot on his stream a while back (I think this was pre-S3) talking about how the community thinks he's terrible but the pros respect what he does. Hotshot puts insane pressure on the map with his splitpush. He plays champs that don't care if you send 1 person against him to stop him, he wants his opponents to send 2+ to stop him. In that time they send 2+ to stop him, he's always very hard to kill and he gets away as much as he doesn't. In that time he expects his teammates to take an objective or force a bad fight.

Anyway, I'm just sharing that it's nice to get a pro's PoV on points like this. As much as we think we know about this game, the pros have a much better perspective about what's going on in their meta.

TL;DR= HotShotGG and Reginald are flamed by the community. Pros have defended them and stated why they are respected. I now understand their arguments.
---
Resident Zac, Vlad, Malphite, Zed, Irelia, and Rumble player
#2JonmaximumPosted 4/16/2013 7:24:29 PM
In CLG's case, the comunitty is just used to blaming HSGG.
He does makes mistakes, but the one who mostly ignore calls and blame everyone else is Doublelift.
#3centurion911(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 7:25:47 PM
Jonmaximum posted...
In CLG's case, the comunitty is just used to blaming HSGG.
He does makes mistakes, but the one who mostly ignore calls and blame everyone else is Doublelift.

Doublelift is very egotistical.

He also has a facechecking problem, which is hilarious.
---
#4shadyelfPosted 4/16/2013 8:13:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Andy_Dinh&oldid=549052818
---
?
#5Camel-RiderPosted 4/16/2013 8:19:21 PM
The reason why people flame HotshotGG most was when he was a jungler in season 2. It made people change their opinion of him overnight. That was terrible for him.

He is a respectable top. He does what he needs to do for the team. The times when the team is mad at him, is when he is trolling which he does often, or when he disagrees with chausters calls (chauster is the primary shot caller).
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#6CrumpledPaperPosted 4/16/2013 8:22:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Andy_Dinh&oldid=549052818

LOL
---
Eh
#7centurion911(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 8:31:22 PM
Camel-Rider posted...
The reason why people flame HotshotGG most was when he was a jungler in season 2. It made people change their opinion of him overnight. That was terrible for him.

He is a respectable top. He does what he needs to do for the team. The times when the team is mad at him, is when he is trolling which he does often, or when he disagrees with chausters calls (chauster is the primary shot caller).

I hated him for the jungling fiasco. But I respect his skill
---
#8ReonikkiPosted 4/16/2013 8:42:45 PM
centurion911 posted...

What fiasco was that?
---
http://tinyurl.com/coypo3a
#9centurion911(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 8:46:52 PM
Reonikki posted...
centurion911 posted...

What fiasco was that?

Basically the shuffling where he sent away Saint and made himself jungle and then sent away Voyboy and made himself top.

Just shuffled the team quite a bit and, as we can say this season, hurt it.

Also broke up Chaulift
---
#10Camel-RiderPosted 4/16/2013 9:40:21 PM
Just shuffled the team quite a bit and, as we can say this season, hurt it.

They are pretty strong this season.
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider