TIL: Riven can lose lane to a Nasus.

#41thecrazyfrogPosted 4/18/2013 8:16:36 AM
Since Riven has a stronger level 1, she'll be looking to start a trade with Nasus when he's locked in a last-hit, furthering Riven's lead. That's how early-level snowballing/zoning tends to happen. Get an advantage, sit on a minion and deny your opponent it. I don't think Nasus has what it takes to deal with this alone, but I could be wrong.
#42_HeXPosted 4/18/2013 8:18:09 AM
centurion911 posted...
This is why I usually pick Rumble against Susan

Susan Boyle too stronk
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#43oomhansPosted 4/18/2013 9:47:21 AM
I've noticed that 9/10 games I play with Nasus, it's just me farming at my tower and then proceed to poop on anyone in the game after 25 minutes with 500+ bonus dmg on my Q.
---
Nothing to see here, move along.
#44HyperTailsManPosted 4/18/2013 10:01:09 AM
I had over 700 bonus damage on my Q after 34 minutes. It was disgusting.
---
Just call me HTM
#45omega bahumatPosted 4/19/2013 4:38:25 AM
OmfgitsBlah posted...
and nasus gets zoned because garen can literally sit on top of the minions and spin to win

So what you're saying is, Garen pushes, Nasus farms under tower and out-scales Garen.

Gotcha.

How is he pushing if he's spinning on his own minions?

This isn't Dota.

Are you really platinum? You seem like wood league.
#46AgentRebornPosted 4/19/2013 4:53:06 AM
Lifesteal quints OP
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1935601/hynoski2.gif
#47CrumpledPaperPosted 4/19/2013 4:56:30 AM
You literalmente made a topic about this after I repeatedly said I wasn't good at Riven and still did better than you that game
kay
---
Eh
#48OmfgitsBlahPosted 4/19/2013 5:44:13 AM
omega bahumat posted...
OmfgitsBlah posted...
and nasus gets zoned because garen can literally sit on top of the minions and spin to win

So what you're saying is, Garen pushes, Nasus farms under tower and out-scales Garen.

Gotcha.

How is he pushing if he's spinning on his own minions?

This isn't Dota.

Are you really platinum? You seem like wood league.

If Garen is in his minions, and Nasus is in his minions, how is Garen spinning on Nasus?

Nasus isn't going to sit in Garen's minions.
---
If inflaton turns $3 into $0, then $6 turns into $3. -Orca
#49easymodexzPosted 4/19/2013 6:06:31 AM
Bhellium posted...
Just putting it out there, E in after Q or whither is down, AA, no push. If he wants to trade you can W then Q out but the pushing is minimal.

Just putting it out there, but there's 0 reason for Nasus to stay in "E" range if you stack up 3 Qs away from your minions. He can just step back for 3 seconds until your stacks are down. Furthermore, wasting your Qs on empty air means that your trade damage is now trash. You can hit 1 AA off with 3 stacks (if he's in range) ... great. Nasus now hits you, AA resets with Q for a double hit, and withers for additional free hits while all your abilities are down.

Sounds like you're trying to lose your lane.

If you actually move towards him with the Qs, then you push your lane heavily by AOEing creeps, and if he's quick on the draw he will with you during the Q spam, meaning your Qs don't actually get close enough to hit him. At that point, you've mostly run out of abilities and the E shield will have expired, so he can just bash your face in to punish.

Nasus is pretty tedious as hell to lane against if he's good and has competent runes/masteries, mainly for any opponent who uses AAs or position / mobility at all. Champs like Renek, Zed, or Khazix can lane against him without issue because they're 99% nuke. But Riven? Lol. Garen could theoretically lane against Nasus except for the tiny part where he's pure melee, and Wither rains on his day 110%.
#50SoraOwnsAllPosted 4/19/2013 6:23:21 AM
Wingsofdeath completely **** on a Nasus on stream as Riven :s
---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.