Has anyone ever thought of leveling 2 skills equally?

#1_SNAGRAT_LIEPosted 4/17/2013 5:37:40 PM
Yeah it's shocking i know, you dont need to max a skill first
---
Friendly reminder to get karma on your alts
#2L0IumadPosted 4/17/2013 5:38:29 PM
sub 700 elo detected
---
LoL IGN: xBeasted Much
http://imgur.com/r/gifs/HUuvN
#3tranquilizerrrPosted 4/17/2013 5:39:21 PM
You are the only person ever to play LoL to ever think of this. It's so thankful you have considered this, as now all the pro's can step their game up.

How did the number-crunchers miss this one?!
---
Talk is cheap.
#4ssj4supervegetaPosted 4/17/2013 5:40:04 PM
it usually gimps you. one skill maxed first is usually far better in lane, which is where your starting levels come.

Yes, people have, and sometimes do on certain champs. the vast majority of the time it's better to max a skill first.

And yes, people have thought of it, this game has been out for a long time man. people have played it every which way.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#5_SNAGRAT_LIE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 5:41:59 PM(edited)
it usually gimps you. one skill maxed first is usually far better in lane, which is where your starting levels come.

Yes, people have, and sometimes do on certain champs. the vast majority of the time it's better to max a skill first.

And yes, people have thought of it, this game has been out for a long time man. people have played it every which way.

no its because people follow the meta like the sheeps they are and don't know how to think for themselves
---
Friendly reminder to get karma on your alts
#6MizunoRyuuPosted 4/17/2013 5:44:02 PM
Sometimes, you get more out of a combo if you level skills equally. For example, prioritizing E over Q on Wu decreases his initial burst while allowing him to keep whacking at an enemy. But getting Q first means his initial burst is higher, but he doesn't have the AS to keep hitting the enemy afterwards. By levelling them equally, you get a bit of burst and a bit of DPS afterwards, which adds up to a bit more than either of the former options.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#7Dark_Luna3Posted 4/17/2013 5:47:32 PM(edited)
It's fine on certain champions. Especially Junglers who may want a few points in their best clearing tool, but then start putting points in other abilities (I do this with Sej).

Most of time though an ability is maxed quickly because of mana. Because if you invest all your power in one ability then your mana to power efficiency goes up. Leveling things evenly means you have to burn all abilities to have a similar payoff. This is important for poking, trading or waveclearing.
#8g-cube_mastaPosted 4/17/2013 5:47:55 PM
most I'll do is get a second point a different skill, then go on maxing.

For example on Diana at level 5 I'll have 2 in q, 2 in w and 1 in e. The extra shield strength helps mitigate the harass she takes farming in mid lane.

Lee Sin in top can benefit from a second point in shield or a second point in e in many match-ups.

As for actually splitting points between two abilities I don't know of any champion where that's the most optimal strategy.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#9PhrenzZephyrPosted 4/17/2013 5:51:17 PM
AP Sion QWQWQ is all I can think of.
#10edubsPosted 4/17/2013 5:53:13 PM
_SNAGRAT_LIE posted...
Yeah it's shocking i know, you dont need to max a skill first

Actually yes, Once I get 3 points in E on Vi I switch to maxing W. Don't really need more than 3 points in e to clear camps well and more points in W helps dueling a lot
---
Greatest system of all time is the N64. OOT, SM64, Paper Mario DK64 and Ogre Battle
not changing my sig until the Pirates have a winning season started 3/31/08