List OP champs here

#11FvPPosted 4/18/2013 11:22:26 AM
Elise
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#12viajarvPosted 4/18/2013 11:23:38 AM
All but Quinn, until PBE changes are made live.
#13DartkunPosted 4/18/2013 11:27:44 AM
JuliMizrahi posted...
ManTiger posted...
nope
some champs are simply better overall
the potential for champs are all diff as well
youcan't say warwick can be overall just as good as the likes of shen, ryze, tf, etc

I sure can.... and I did.

JuliMizrahi posted...
Everything from Ahri to Zyra. Every champ is OP in their own way. It's the players who have to tap into that potential.

See?

No champ is this game is completely outclassed by any other champ, strictly within the code. The levels of relative WTFness come from the player's understanding of how that champ moves, attacks, and what items, runes, and masteries to use.

THIS is what makes league of legends the game that it is. The player has all the power. Other MMO's put too much of the power in the hands of the programmers, who end up giving 1-2 class/race/whatevers too much power and it breaks the game.

So in Chess,

A Pawn has one advantage over a Rook because it can take a piece diagonally.

Are you saying a Pawn and Rook are comparable?

Yes Skill plays a very VERY large role and no one plays optimally, but it doesn't mean certain characters aren't better than others. It would be absurd to say this game is completely balanced, you may say champions selection plays a small role in the overall factors of victory, but are you really saying that because each has a uniqueness to them, they are equivalents?
---
Gamer Logic - Anyone worse is a noob, anyone better is a tryhard /v/irgin
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#14JuliMizrahiPosted 4/18/2013 11:40:08 AM
Dartkun posted...
you may say champions selection plays a small role in the overall factors of victory, but are you really saying that because each has a uniqueness to them, they are equivalents?

No, that's not really what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that every single champion has the same opportunity to be "OP". Instead of looking at it from the Hi card-Lo card idea where one is clearly better than the other, go more for Rock-Paper-Scissors.

Champ A might be a nearly perfect counter to Champ B, but be completely horrible against Champ C, who Champ B actually happens to do quite well against.

Now I know that the comparison I gave has a few flaws. Bad player, bad day, bad whatever, in which Champ B's summoner is just rocking Champ A from one side of the rift to the other. Good teamwork from the other players helps, as does securing the last hits on creeps.
---
There are no stupid questions. Just pointless questions asked in incredibly stupid ways.
#15_HeXPosted 4/18/2013 11:41:19 AM
Nasus is so grossly OP, it's ridiculous.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#16Kirby_GuruPosted 4/18/2013 11:46:41 AM
JuliMizrahi posted...
Dartkun posted...
you may say champions selection plays a small role in the overall factors of victory, but are you really saying that because each has a uniqueness to them, they are equivalents?

No, that's not really what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that every single champion has the same opportunity to be "OP". Instead of looking at it from the Hi card-Lo card idea where one is clearly better than the other, go more for Rock-Paper-Scissors.

Champ A might be a nearly perfect counter to Champ B, but be completely horrible against Champ C, who Champ B actually happens to do quite well against.

Now I know that the comparison I gave has a few flaws. Bad player, bad day, bad whatever, in which Champ B's summoner is just rocking Champ A from one side of the rift to the other. Good teamwork from the other players helps, as does securing the last hits on creeps.

This is exactly why you're wrong. Each champ has good and bad matchups. Its the champs with the best set of matchups that make them better. If they perform better against more champs, or more of the other good champs, then they are generally better in that certain role than other champs. There is a pretty good variance in there to what can be considered "good", but some champs are just so far below that you can basically just say they're outclassed.
---
If pro is the opposite of con, what is the opposite of progress?
W2 FC: 0992 1918 4342
#17aryanbrarPosted 4/18/2013 11:55:41 AM
While i agree that most champs are pretty even but some just have an easier time to face roll.
Eg: jayce requires more skill to face roll then say Darius or akali
#18DartkunPosted 4/18/2013 11:59:59 AM(edited)
JuliMizrahi posted...

OK, I acknowledge your rock-paper-scizzors example.

What if there are 3 rocks, 10 paper, and 20 scizzor champions?

You use this example as if there is an equal distribution or that there are only 3 champions.
---
Gamer Logic - Anyone worse is a noob, anyone better is a tryhard /v/irgin
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#19flyguy101Posted 4/18/2013 12:00:03 PM
First, we need a standard definition of how "Good" or "Bad" a champ is to make them OP. I think we should go with how easily countered they are, that's the definition I use. In which case, yeah, some champs like AD Yi are UP because they are easily countered. And we all know that not all champs are on equal terms from that definition.
---
http://theaffectiveperspective.blog.com/
Q.E.D.
#20wehomiesPosted 4/18/2013 12:02:06 PM
ManTiger posted...
JuliMizrahi posted...
Everything from Ahri to Zyra. Every champ is OP in their own way. It's the players who have to tap into that potential.

nope
some champs are simply better overall
the potential for champs are all diff as well
youcan't say warwick can be overall just as good as the likes of shen, ryze, tf, etc

this