What if they had a pay-to-play account type?

#1angermngment101Posted 4/18/2013 9:04:39 AM
This account you pay $15 a month, and you have every champion unlocked. Skins are 50% off all the time + the 50% off sales making them 75% off on sales.

You have 4 rune pages to start off with.

You gain 2x IP per game.

Would people do it?
---
Gamefax
#2albinorhino004Posted 4/18/2013 9:08:17 AM
silly idea
---
drinking is very bad
#3TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 4/18/2013 9:11:07 AM(edited)
I would do it for 1 month, grind the hell out of the game, use my crap-ton of IP to buy every champion I want, then cancel it. Riot would lose a ton of money. A 30-day IP boost costs more than $20 too, so they would be shooting themselves in the foot since nobody would have a reason to buy them anymore.
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#4profDEADPOOLPosted 4/18/2013 9:30:21 AM
I would do it for 1 month, grind the hell out of the game, use my crap-ton of IP to buy every champion I want, then cancel it. Riot would lose a ton of money. A 30-day IP boost costs more than $20 too, so they would be shooting themselves in the foot since nobody would have a reason to buy them anymore.

You might ave to subscribe on a yearly basis/you can only use that account when you pay though.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clan
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, C&XF, Gambit, Young Avengers, Hawkguy, GA, I, Vampire, JLD and Constantine
#5angermngment101(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 9:33:21 AM
You might ave to subscribe on a yearly basis/you can only use that account when you pay though.

Nah, its a monthly basis.

I think people would be too attached to their accounts after investing so much time in it (b/c who cares about pre-30 anyway?), and so they would keep it for another month or two.

Then they would be like, damn this is expensive, and start a free account, paying for even more RP just to catch up to the other account.
---
Gamefax
#6SoraOwnsAllPosted 4/18/2013 9:33:29 AM

People buy IP boosts?

I have 12k IP just sitting there and I own every champion...
---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
#7ERLiNoPosted 4/18/2013 9:35:17 AM
SoraOwnsAll posted...

People buy IP boosts?

I have 12k IP just sitting there and I own every champion...

Some people dont want to play 1000's of games for x amount of champs.
---
"It doesn't matter how many resources you have, if you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough"
-Masters Zerg
#8Beech_tibsPosted 4/18/2013 9:38:13 AM
15 dollars a month till you get to lvl 100

lvl 30 is still the cap for unlocking things other than free mode
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#9xRustySpoonPosted 4/18/2013 9:44:51 AM
If this game was subscription based I would stop playing.
---
Get dumpstered.
LoL/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.
#10angermngment101(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 9:49:47 AM
If this game was subscription based I would stop playing.

Its just an option. Free to play would still be the same.
---
Gamefax