Heimer rework

#1mystermandragonPosted 4/18/2013 11:20:42 AM(edited)
This has been posted in another topic, but that topic was about the map. i was more interested in the Heimer rework as a hipster Heimer fan. here is the video with the new map as well as some Heimer game play strewn throughout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv22B2C0V9M

the best view of the new heimer can be see at about 0:25

first thing is of course that he has 3 turrets down at a time.

The second thing is that all the turrets have strange floating X's circling them.

Third, the turret in front had those particles and when if fired a shot, the particles were consumed and it no longer had any X's by it. Also, when it consumed the X, it fired a shot that was quite different from the bullets that Heimer turrets fire right now.

Conclusions that can be drawn from this are either that Heimer is allowed to put more than 2 turrets but now the turrets have a limited amount of ammo that are indicated by the X's or that the turrets get bonus effects on their first 5 shots, but then become weaker when it runs out of those X's

what are your thoughts?
and dont reply if you are just gonna hate on Heimer. We've already heard all that the haters have to say.

EDIT: i just looked at it again and it seemed that the shot that the turret fired was a skillshot that fizzled out before hitting anything, so that's something new.
---
Sig won't change until my sister thinks re4 is a good game. number of people who support=9
#2g-cube_mastaPosted 4/18/2013 11:19:27 AM
yes yes yes i have important work to get back to
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#3DartkunPosted 4/18/2013 11:23:35 AM
The bonus damage for first 5 shots makes sense with that they want Heimer to be.

They could go two ways with a Heimer rework, make his turrent more durable and make it re-positional. But the trade off is that you can't put them down so frequently.

Or you could make his turrets more disposable and just allow him to lay down a lot more like Zyra style.

With the x damage boost, it seems like they want it more in the disposable manner. I'm not a big Heimer player, but personally I don't feel he has the speed , mobility or CC to really be Zyra-lite. But really who knows.
---
Gamer Logic - Anyone worse is a noob, anyone better is a tryhard /v/irgin
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#4Amothien22Posted 4/18/2013 11:26:59 AM
If they made his turrets proc Rylai's and Liandry's i'd be happy enough.
#5mystermandragon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 11:36:23 AM
Amothien22 posted...

that would be so broken. Allowing turrets to constantly slow is equivalent to an ultimate. Though i love heimer, i wholeheartedly understand why they dont allow this.
---
Sig won't change until my sister thinks re4 is a good game. number of people who support=9
#6thebestestbestPosted 4/18/2013 11:41:24 AM(edited)
Awesome, why have a different hero when they could just do the standard terrible design of having the same damage being done slightly differently.

"This champion has a nuke that does X damage!"
"This champion has a nuke that does X/2 damage with half the cooldown!"
"This champion has a nuke which does X damage but only if you hit with both parts!"

And so on. Heimer is being brought back into dull territory with his nuke coming in the form of a turret instead of a fireball.
#7mystermandragon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 11:49:22 AM
thebestestbest posted...
Awesome, why have a different hero when they could just do the standard terrible design of having the same damage being done slightly differently.

"This champion has a nuke that does X damage!"
"This champion has a nuke that does X/2 damage with half the cooldown!"
"This champion has a nuke which does X damage but only if you hit with both parts!"

And so on. Heimer is being brought back into dull territory with his nuke coming in the form of a turret instead of a fireball.

brilliant insight, when can we expect your multi million dollar game to come out?
---
#8BhelliumPosted 4/18/2013 11:50:41 AM
mystermandragon posted...
Amothien22 posted...

that would be so broken. Allowing turrets to constantly slow is equivalent to an ultimate. Though i love heimer, i wholeheartedly understand why they dont allow this.

Don't Zyra's plants proc Rylai?
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#9_HeXPosted 4/18/2013 11:51:09 AM
mystermandragon posted...
Amothien22 posted...

Zyra's plants do this, they do a TONS of damage with Liandry's and slows if you have Ryalis.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#10wehomiesPosted 4/18/2013 11:51:52 AM
i'd only use assassins on 1v1 then