How to counter Syndra?

#1Phase 8Posted 4/18/2013 5:59:14 PM
I'm usually not a bad mid at all, but lately whenever I go up against a Syndra, I don't seem to do well at all. I know to avoid her balls, but even when I try, if I get hit by one thing, I get bursted down fast.

Are there any good tips to fighting Syndra? Champs that do well against her in lane? Champs that do poorly against her?
---
"Veil of time descend. Atop the ash tree wend. Light of the stars portend. The feather shalt transcend..."
PSN - theonesin, Pawn: Dmitri(Mage)
#2Theivey3Posted 4/18/2013 6:00:43 PM
I know to avoid her balls, but even when I try, if I get hit by one thing, I get bursted down fast.

eheu

Don't duel her at level 6, you will lose.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pg5EG.jpg
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/theivey3 | LoL IGN: Vulcane
#3JiminyTheDingoPosted 4/18/2013 6:01:19 PM
I'd imagine a bruiser mid would do pretty well, you could play somebody who out-ranges her, or a tanky mage like Galio.
---
The fruit...it's...it's taunting me! O_o
#4shadowtemariPosted 4/18/2013 6:04:05 PM
JiminyTheDingo posted...
I'd imagine a bruiser mid would do pretty well, you could play somebody who out-ranges her, or a tanky mage like Galio.

Galio dumps on her free.
---
The Official Ouroboros of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
[JUS:2492-0202-2363][PokemonD Shadow:4467-74599271]
#5Lord_WoobiePosted 4/18/2013 6:05:36 PM
Galio, probably. Kassadin once he has some MR going.

Also anyone who has some cc and can wave clear as fast as she can and back the **** off. Lux and Zyra come to mind. Not really counters, but you can go toe to toe with her.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#6DarksteelPosted 4/18/2013 6:08:02 PM
Morgana maybe?
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#7aHappySackaPosted 4/18/2013 6:08:40 PM
Kassadin
LeBlanc
Fizz
Ahri
Galio
---
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i.imgur.com/j8p5fA8.png
#8JiminyTheDingoPosted 4/18/2013 6:11:15 PM
JiminyTheDingo posted...

Galio dumps on her free.

That's why I said it.
---
The fruit...it's...it's taunting me! O_o
#9Phase 8(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 6:11:39 PM
Morgana maybe?

I was actually using her the last match I had against Syndra, but I just didn't feel like the matchup was good.

Kassadin
LeBlanc
Fizz
Ahri
Galio

Of those, I only own Ahri. Other mids I do own are Brand, Cassiopeia, Lux(Karma, Lulu, and Yi for the slightly less traditional mids).
---
"Veil of time descend. Atop the ash tree wend. Light of the stars portend. The feather shalt transcend..."
PSN - theonesin, Pawn: Dmitri(Mage)
#10FlameLord23Posted 4/18/2013 6:24:45 PM
Syndra's hard counter: Female champs
---
Sjokz is my waifu.
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths