Thoughts on Zed's upcoming "change"

#1GreatKiraLordPosted 4/18/2013 8:08:49 PM
Living Shadow
- Cooldown reduced to 18/17/16/15/14 seconds from 22/20.5/19/17.5/16

Shadow Slash
- Hitting enemy minions and monsters no longer reduce Living Shadow's cooldown
- Hitting enemy champions now reduces Living Shadow's cooldown by 2 seconds, up from 1 second

So they are decreasing the CDT of W and tweaking the E's effect on W's CDT.
Bischu initially said it was going to suck but now I've heard some Korean pros on inven and afreeca saying it' not that big of a deal. This is a buff for Zed's lategame since laning doesn't happen much and his team fight capabilities improve. This is a nerf to Zed's erlygame but since you need to hit 4 minions to have 18sec CDT at level-1 Q as of now, it's really not a big deal. The real nerf is his midgame but even that isn't too bad. What do you guys think?
Personally, I really think those Korean challengers/diamonds/pros are wrong on this. I know quite a few of you will disagree but I just can't see how this is similar to Jarvan's nerf. That's what some Koreans in god division are saying..."this is going to be like the most recent Jarvan nerf."

I call it BS. And that it's a hard nerf.
#2HeartlessCharmsPosted 4/18/2013 8:11:32 PM
It's not that bad.
---
All I have in life is my new appetite for failure.
#3zeppelin312Posted 4/18/2013 8:12:23 PM
HeartlessCharms posted...
It's not that bad.
#4wehomiesPosted 4/18/2013 8:14:09 PM
in earlygame, it's as they said...with the natural cdt of the w reduced, the changes are going to be unnoticeable. the lategame is obviously going to be better. buti personally don't think it's much. kha'zix gets an actual with an assist dash kill. as for zed? the possibly dash most likely happening changes aren't giving him a reset on his w. at 14s cdt, if you hit 5 champs, you'll have 4 seconds left to do stuff. but hitting all 5? uhhhhhhhhhh ok? that's not happening consistently. the midgame is a definite nerf but it's not too bad.
if they reduce the natural cdt by 2 seconds so zed's w's final cdt is 12 sec...that would make it better. this is a nerf. and it's a HUGE one.
#5xSighxPosted 4/18/2013 8:16:09 PM
It will significantly weaken his laning phase. Since zed is one of my mains I'm bummed. But overall he's still the same champion. You still 100-0 carries and juke 4 dayz.

I think other the laning phase my only complaint will be that I miss the convenience of shadowing from mid over wraith wall, dropping a few Es and then having the spell again to blink over golems.
#6KawaiiUPosted 4/18/2013 8:17:19 PM
I agree with those Koreans for the most part.
The earlygame is not really changed since, as those guys said, the CDT on the actual W got reduced by 4 seconds at level 1 and 3 seconds at level2 so it's insignificant.
The midgame may be noticeable as you're laning. But as long as you don't brainlessly spam W, you should be fine. Lategame is a buff but I wouldn't say it's a significant one.
It's not an actaul reset like Khaz's.
#7HeartlessCharmsPosted 4/18/2013 8:18:35 PM
wehomies posted...
this is a nerf. and it's a HUGE one.

This is laughable.
---
All I have in life is my new appetite for failure.
#8TomorrowDogPosted 4/18/2013 8:19:33 PM
I feel like we don't need three topics discussing a justified nerf currently on PBE.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#9BrockObanaPosted 4/18/2013 8:23:30 PM
TomorrowDog posted...
I feel like we don't need three topics discussing a justified nerf currently on PBE.

---
"I'm going to block this kid for the same reason as I mute screaming 12-year olds in the game." -COD hero-
#10ManTigerPosted 4/18/2013 9:15:47 PM
If they could lower that time by 2 more seconds hehe