GGU are cheaters

#31zeppelin312Posted 4/19/2013 1:07:01 AM
Master Of The Dead posted...
The rule makes sense, it's just that it probably won't matter most of the time. The main thing is that if you face check early and then a pause comes out, it gives your team time to plan how to get out of a bad situation. Which seems to happen a lot.

Imo this specific case wasn't a huge deal, zion just wanted to know if daydreamin thought he would survive AFAIK. However there is a huge potential for it to be gamechanging in other cases.
#32Master Of The DeadPosted 4/19/2013 1:15:31 AM
Master Of The Dead posted...
The rule makes sense, it's just that it probably won't matter most of the time. The main thing is that if you face check early and then a pause comes out, it gives your team time to plan how to get out of a bad situation. Which seems to happen a lot.

Imo this specific case wasn't a huge deal, zion just wanted to know if daydreamin thought he would survive AFAIK. However there is a huge potential for it to be gamechanging in other cases.

Yeah, that's exactly my point. It is not very often going to matter, though I didn't see the particular case as I fell asleep during the game so I couldn't really comment on this particular one.
---
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes ~~~~~ Summoner Name (LoL EUW): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
#33PhoenixNinePosted 4/19/2013 1:29:37 AM
They should change Pause to Time Out.

And during a Time Out teams can freely discuss strategy.
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#34JhayCeePosted 4/19/2013 1:36:05 AM
Slayn posted...
You pause the game for technical issues, not so you get caught out and can formulate a plan.

Competitions run some of the best equipment money can buy, there should never be any technical issues. Players shouldn't be penalized for incompetent tech support imo. Any other sport where something goes wrong(hockey goal off its pegs, rain delays in baseball, etc), teams are able to discuss and strategize.

No matter how fancy an equipment might be there will always be a possibility of a problem. It's not just Riot having this kind of issue; other companies have this problems as well that's why they have IT/tech support.
---
Religious Person: God loves us so much he gave us his only son.
Me: I know, man. I still can't believe Michael Jackson died.
#35FlareZeroPosted 4/19/2013 8:41:11 AM
darkwing1232 posted...
Slayn posted...
You pause the game for technical issues, not so you get caught out and can formulate a plan.

Competitions run some of the best equipment money can buy, there should never be any technical issues. Players shouldn't be penalized for incompetent tech support imo. Any other sport where something goes wrong(hockey goal off its pegs, rain delays in baseball, etc), teams are able to discuss and strategize.

Lmao this guy.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#36angermngment101(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 8:48:12 AM
Lmao this guy.

how are people so naive.
---
Gamefax
#37CosmosYearsPosted 4/19/2013 10:38:43 AM
People bashing this rule are morons. It's really not that big of a deal to the game but it's a simple concept. A pause is an anomaly that is not accounted for in any game so it cannot be taken advantage of since theoretically one team could gain an unfair advantage over the other
#38masterplumPosted 4/19/2013 11:01:33 AM
People are failing to realize how boring it is to wait during a pause

if talking during pauses were allowed we would frequently see every game having a 5 minute mid game pause to discuss strategy with nothing going on.

Its not that both teams can't do it, its that its boring as all get out to watch which is kind of what esports is trying to do
---
yE frE me Kweku Ananse Papa
me:http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1508/masterplumgm3.jpg
#39Luigy2693Posted 4/19/2013 11:19:35 AM
Who initiated the pause?
#40zeppelin312Posted 4/19/2013 11:22:27 AM
Luigy2693 posted...
Who initiated the pause?

AFAIK dontmashme had a technical issue near the beginning of the game, as daydreamin was being caught out and seemed like he would die. Zion asked daydreaming if he thought he would die, and he said he was going to try and exhaust+flash a wall.