How's Nautilus now?

#1wrobe67132Posted 4/19/2013 1:45:13 AM
A while ago I constantly asked my friends whether I should get Nautilus. I kept getting "no" and things that made him not viable, blah blah blah. A week ago I decided my friends can eat a **** and bought Nautilus, and now Astro Nautilus is on sale. How viable is he now after his buffs? As a new Nautilus player are there anything I need to watch it? All I know about Nautilus is he has amazing group CC and to watch out for counter jungling as his very early levels are awful.
---
League of Legends IGN: DeathToTheOrcs
It's dangerous to take this. Go alone.
#2Skul_Posted 4/19/2013 1:46:17 AM
In space
---
If someone picks Shaco, you lose. This is regardless of which team said Shaco is on
i5-2500-GTX550TI-8GB; DSi; 3DS; GBASP; Wii;Galaxy SIII; iPod Touch 4th Gen;
#3zeppelin312Posted 4/19/2013 1:47:32 AM
basically you got it down

don't get killed at red by the enemy jungler

proceed to roflstomp any lane you gank

Astronaut is an awesome skin

first clear is scary, but as long as you don't get counterjungled you will be fine
#4wrobe67132(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 1:49:44 AM
Alright so basically don't pick him first or second. If I see the enemy chose Lee Sin or another great counter jungler I steer away right? And kind of off-topic, but how's Shyvana doing right now?
---
#5zeppelin312Posted 4/19/2013 2:00:11 AM(edited)
Shyvana is kinda in a meh status atm, because the health change in minions means she isn't clearing way faster than others, although it is slightly faster. That was kinda her thing,

Additionally, while she still does what she did for the most part, it isn't really the desired sort of type of jungler atm.

Not terrible, but there are other picks who can do more for your team

and yeah, I would be careful about your naut picks. If your team is responsive and you know you will be being invaded you can plan for it and have your team collapse. However that is asking a lot of soloqueue players.
#6wrobe67132(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 2:02:38 AM
Alright I plan on maining jungler on my ranked team so I'll just save it for then. Thanks
---
#7aHappySackaPosted 4/19/2013 2:05:05 AM
He's a lot better since his buffs, I've started using him again since S2.
---
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i.imgur.com/j8p5fA8.png
#8PhoenixNinePosted 4/19/2013 2:06:56 AM
I like to measure junglers up to the best two: Sejuani and Xin.

Can your hero gank better than Sej and provide as much sheer utility/disruption while being super tanky and doing nice AOE damage?

Can your hero gank as well as Xin while being incredibly strong in a duel?

Nautilus is like a weaker Sejuani right now, in all respects.
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#9Sin___Posted 4/19/2013 2:22:47 AM
he's good but you have to expect your team to do something, which is always a bad mindset to fall into
---
Steam/LoL: F5in .:. http://youtube.com/SinOwns
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i298/dinkidooda/F5.png
#10iXCelticXiPosted 4/19/2013 2:28:51 AM
zeppelin312 posted...
Shyvana is kinda in a meh status atm, because the health change in minions means she isn't clearing way faster than others, although it is slightly faster. That was kinda her thing,

Additionally, while she still does what she did for the most part, it isn't really the desired sort of type of jungler atm.

Not terrible, but there are other picks who can do more for your team

and yeah, I would be careful about your naut picks. If your team is responsive and you know you will be being invaded you can plan for it and have your team collapse. However that is asking a lot of soloqueue players.

The biggest nerf to Shyv was the Oracle's change.
---
LoL IGN: Greedy