Dear Lux 'supports'...

#21CovenantPosted 4/19/2013 5:34:22 PM
You probably wouldn't mind getting an assist instead of a kill so much if you successfully last hit more than two minions out of every wave.
#22DaGreatOnelolPosted 4/19/2013 5:53:09 PM
its funny how most ADCs rage on the supports for taking kills when they don't know how to secure a kill anyway. Either way, the relationship between support and ADC is very important and comments like the TC here just ruin the team's chemistry and throw the game off.

Last hitting is extremely important for an ADC. If you don't know how, then obviously you know why you're complaining about getting an assist.
---
"Damn right and I'll do it again. I am right so I gotz to win" - DMX
#23YourLuckPosted 4/19/2013 5:53:49 PM
It's better for an adc to get assists if they can't catch up.

There's two situations:
Support kills when adc can't catch up. Adc whines because it's 'their' kill.
Adc can't kill because the support tries to be a good sport. Adc whines because they escaped.
Both support and adc die. Adc whines (possibly support as well).
Neither support nor adc can catch up. Adc whines.

In most situations, the adc complains because after the support blows all their cooldowns, they're essentially useless. It's up to the Adc to finish the job, unless there's a jungler, but I don't feel like doing that.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
#24MwarriorHieiPosted 4/19/2013 6:04:00 PM
It's better for an adc to get assists if they can't catch up.

There's two situations:
Support kills when adc can't catch up. Adc whines because it's 'their' kill.
Adc can't kill because the support tries to be a good sport. Adc whines because they escaped.
Both support and adc die. Adc whines (possibly support as well).
Neither support nor adc can catch up. Adc whines.

In most situations, the adc complains because after the support blows all their cooldowns, they're essentially useless. It's up to the Adc to finish the job, unless there's a jungler, but I don't feel like doing that.

you forgot the "support kills when the kill was guaranteed for the adc."
---
http://i.imgur.com/TQEciMP.jpg
#25enterthefire(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 4:47:17 AM
My problem isn't supports taking kills, it's just them taking kills when i was virtually guaranteed to get it myself anyway. I don't mind supports getting kills but when it's the ADC's kill guaranteed...meh
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zehsky
#26BhelliumPosted 4/20/2013 6:14:50 AM
ddrboy54 posted...
enterthefire posted...
Example of a KS: Lux snares their ADC (Sivir in this case) and we engage. Lux ults then E's, Sivir is down to 1/4 HP. I shift in for the kill, Lux ignites for the kill. >_>

"I FAILED TO KS LUX SHE KSED ME CUZ IGNITE REPORTED"

i didn't want to say anything

but that's kind of how it came off lol
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#27HabnotPosted 4/20/2013 6:44:04 AM
The Lux/Nid supports clearly didn't want to support. Just ask them politely to ward as much as possible and don't stress over the game too much.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.
#28EcchiBakaPosted 4/20/2013 7:21:44 AM
Shouldn't you just make this applicable to ALL supports since most of them are capable of unintentionally ksing (Leona comes to mind)? Don't just call out all Lux supports due to that bad APC starved support you managed to queue with, and I apologize for that.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka. Give me ecchi manga recommendations!
http://imgur.com/S7xE8s9
#29InNox534Posted 4/20/2013 3:46:31 PM
enterthefire posted...
Example of a KS: Lux snares their ADC (Sivir in this case) and we engage. Lux ults then E's, Sivir is down to 1/4 HP. I shift in for the kill, Lux ignites for the kill. >_>

Why is your support doing more damage than you? Sounds like she did all the work and you're the filthy kser.
#30WolfMasterZeroPosted 4/20/2013 3:54:51 PM
From: The_Madd_Hatter | Posted: 4/19/2013 11:26:29 AM | #002
the stigma that supports shouldn't take ANY cs is bs. I mostly play adc with my roommate who supports for me and i routinely let him take a little bit of cs early so he can get up his sightstone earlier

but yea if it's to build AP then i hear where you're coming from

It's more important for the ADC to finish his big items earlier than it is for the support to get a sightstone. Plus those usually get finished pretty early anyway.

From: enterthefire | Posted: 4/19/2013 11:35:31 AM | #007
SoulknightX0 posted...
MachDragon posted...
Long Sword>Sightstone

vision>10 more damage

Wards.

You do know what Sightstone does right?

From: enterthefire | Posted: 4/19/2013 12:43:43 PM | #015

Should have told her to take Exhaust on champion select.

While her taking Ignite is ridiculous and a support should usually try to leave the last hit for the ADC it sure sounds like she did most of the work for you.
---
BASS SOLO!
Currently thinking: ... ... ...