This is why I'm in bronze

#21easymodexzPosted 4/19/2013 12:35:43 PM(edited)
omega bahumat posted...
They give more killing potential and survivability than any other rune in the game.

They sometimes give more killing potential and potential survivability than any other rune in the game.

Who needs to chase someone down when you just kill them outright with more combat-oriented runes? Who needs to run away when you heal up with lifesteal runes, or kill outright with damage runes?

For some champs in some situations and some playstyles, MS quints are good. In many cases and for many players, not really.

I've ran both sets on most champions since S1. They both have their highlights.
#22YourLuckPosted 4/19/2013 12:40:03 PM
Move speed runes are generally good on everyone.
Life steal are for ad.
Other runes are dependent on who you're using.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
#23Valefor500Posted 4/19/2013 12:40:20 PM
Lol.. Bronze is so easy to get 10 0 and then establish invulnerability 4 people solo status.
---
Lurker is me.
#24Valefor500Posted 4/19/2013 12:43:35 PM
Oh and cho is a slow non carrying champ..bulky but not reliable for carrying.
---
Lurker is me.
#25easymodexzPosted 4/19/2013 12:54:23 PM
Unless you're actually good at landing ruptures.

Had a game a hell of a long time ago where me (Cho) and a some guy (I think he was a Malphite?) won 2v4 due to infinite tank + overfed. This was back in early S2 or S1, don't recall when. I had a Mog + SFC + FON + FH. Enemy team basically had like 1 and a half items each and couldn't put out enough damage.

Requires exceptionally bad opponents though, so once in a hundred games :D.
#26CovenantPosted 4/19/2013 1:39:15 PM(edited)
Yeah, that link shows a pretty accurate representation of why you're in bronze.

Because you feed.
Because you buy bad items.
Because you farm poorly.

Also, you only do well in games wherein the entire enemy team feeds. That means you aren't carrying. You aren't having an impact on the game.
#27b0omstickPosted 4/19/2013 1:40:51 PM
Wrong you are in Bronze because, you deserve to be in Bronze. You can carry your way out. It, just takes persistence.
#28BlocktopusPosted 4/19/2013 2:06:12 PM
noone369 posted...
SoraOwnsAll posted...
They also generally give 0 actual fight power.

What?

Helps avoid getting kited since you move faster, helps you catch people with how fast you are, etc.

Cho needs catching people why? Just don't miss your q? Cho isn't a champ that should be chasing people, also, his tankiness and cc makes him hard to kill even with ganks.

There's this thing called an ultimate

yeah

it's range is pretty small. I could argue that every other rune in this game is worthless.
---
http://i.imgur.com/f09dfvV.jpg
#29MhkaMAthPosted 4/19/2013 2:20:03 PM
You don't take MS quints on Cho for chasing in fights/out of lane because you have Rupture.

You take them so you can get into range and place Ruptures better than Max range, Max diameter then have people calmly walk out of it.

And in lane they let you chase people down for AA + Vorpal harass.
---
Thanks paintbal: http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6840/mathz.jpg
And Alpha: http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z324/Alpha_Sign_Pics/MhkaMAthSign.jpg
#30StrangeObjectivPosted 4/19/2013 2:48:49 PM
As harsh as these guys are coming of, Edgemaster, they're telling you things that can help you.

It sucks to be told you're not playing that well, I get told that all the time, but ultimately it will make you a better player if you can take criticism without taking offense. I'm still learning that though :P