Best starter support?

#1xX Joshy XxPosted 4/19/2013 10:01:32 AM
I'm always afraid of being stuck playing support, but I don't really have any true support champs, so I'd like to get one or two. I've played Nami and she was fun, and Soraka a while ago (both during a free week), but I'd like some input on who would be a good one to buy in case I'm stuck having to support.
#2gaiaslayerPosted 4/19/2013 10:04:22 AM
EZ mode Taric is you best bet if yo're new to the role
---
Fear Cannot Kill you, But...
RE: remake
#3Nasada19Posted 4/19/2013 10:05:34 AM
Taric.
---
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
#4DartkunPosted 4/19/2013 10:08:00 AM(edited)
Try first - Taric, Sona, Soraka
Next level - Nunu, Lulu, Janna
Then - Janna, Thresh, Blitz, Alistar, Nami, Leona, Zyra
General Wool - Shaco

IMO
---
Gamer Logic - Anyone worse is a noob, anyone better is a tryhard /v/irgin
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#5DarksteelPosted 4/19/2013 10:07:08 AM
Taric is probably the easiest support to get into that also is most yoloqueue happy. Thresh is good, but relies on teamates not being idiots. Leona is great for initiations but relies on coordination with teamates. Janna is very solid choice both as a support and decent for playing with idiots but not as braindead as Taric.
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#6nomorePosted 4/19/2013 10:08:23 AM
Taric is good... But I found him not as easy as a lot of people say he is.

I'd say Sona.
Loads of aura's, great sustain for your adc, good poke, good for setting up kills with ulti.
#7wantfastcarsPosted 4/19/2013 10:10:15 AM
Sona, Thresh, and Blitzcrank are my three favorites. Thresh and Blitz are harder to play, but more rewarding IMO. Sona is very easy to play and her ult can be game-changing.
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#8DarksteelPosted 4/19/2013 10:10:28 AM
Also supports rely heavily on who your adc is, match-ups, and the skill of your adc.

For ex: Nunu and Cait/Twitch is just evil together, but if the Cait/Twitch is passive and doesnt know when to engage you're better off just bringing Janna. Also Nunu is poor against Sivir since his snowball is slow.

Morgana goes very will with Draven (if she lands a root and shields him after chances are he can inflict huge damage on what he's hiting) but if you can't root or the Draven just sits back Taric is the safer choice.
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#9RihawfPosted 4/19/2013 10:12:25 AM
Dartkun posted...
Try first - Taric, Sona, Soraka
Next level - Nunu, Lulu, Janna
Then - Janna, Thresh, Blitz, Alistar, Nami, Leona, Zyra
General Wool - Shaco

IMO

putting janna and nami at the same level of leona, thresh and blitz
you're dead to me
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf| Nami main
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma38ckzqju1qd00mn.gif
#10ExalxPosted 4/19/2013 10:29:07 AM
Darksteel posted...
Also supports rely heavily on who your adc is, match-ups, and the skill of your adc.

For ex: Nunu and Cait/Twitch is just evil together, but if the Cait/Twitch is passive and doesnt know when to engage you're better off just bringing Janna. Also Nunu is poor against Sivir since his snowball is slow.

Morgana goes very will with Draven (if she lands a root and shields him after chances are he can inflict huge damage on what he's hiting) but if you can't root or the Draven just sits back Taric is the safer choice.

I prefer Leona with Draven. The bonus damage from sunlight proc's and Draven's stuff blows people up at early levels. Even at level 1, if you can magically land a Q and exhaust, they're probably dead even if they flash.

The only problem I find is when someone underestimates their damage and refuses to go in no matter how many times you ping. So you basically need a reliable ADC that communicates.
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Exalx (2ZFG9Y) HR:130+