too much tank vs too much damage on nocturne

#1shadyelfPosted 4/19/2013 3:32:19 PM
what's the most damage you should have on him? And I know pros just get madreds and that's it but I feel like in solo queue silver you should have more. Too much tank and I feel like he falls off even faster and of course too much damage and you melt super fast.
---
?
#2aHappySackaPosted 4/19/2013 3:33:43 PM
Wriggles, brutalizer and maybe zerkers are all he really needs. ghostblade would be pushing it however.
---
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i.imgur.com/j8p5fA8.png
#3The PolakPosted 4/19/2013 3:33:54 PM
just do whatever oddone does
---
After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands. - Nietzsche
#4mantana888Posted 4/19/2013 3:39:35 PM
Rush a damage item like BT if you get a kill or two early on and are really ahead. Then go tank from there.

If you're starved for gold, it's better to get some survivability or utility items like Bulwark, IG, Locket, etc... The bonus AD you get from your Q and attack speed from W will keep your damage reasonable for a little while into the game. But you need that damage item before 35 minutes, or you're going to be really far behind.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#5iPWNtheNoobsPosted 4/19/2013 3:58:24 PM
Please stop getting getting zerker's on noct. Merc 90% better. Razer + brut early, but late game, if not dying go for more damage if needed, ghostblade/cleaver/LW/BOTRK/BT. impaler etc
---
Trolling is a art
#6Gun SagePosted 4/19/2013 4:03:23 PM
I just rush a blade of the ruined king and go pure tank from there. If I think I can finish out with another damage item, I get a cleaver or whatever we really need.
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#7BlocktopusPosted 4/19/2013 4:04:26 PM
bork/cleaver/ghostblade and then full tank after two of the three.

Don't get AS boots on noct. They are really terrible for him.
---
http://i.imgur.com/f09dfvV.jpg
#8BhelliumPosted 4/19/2013 4:11:56 PM
iPWNtheNoobs posted...
Please stop getting getting zerker's on noct. Merc 90% better. Razer + brut early, but late game, if not dying go for more damage if needed, ghostblade/cleaver/LW/BOTRK/BT. impaler etc

needs moar mallet

everyone should build mallet
even AP
especially AP because
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#9Ferd_Da_BirdPosted 4/19/2013 5:36:20 PM
Basically, until the very late game, situational or fed spots occur, I only ever get Bruta/Wriggles/Frozen. It's really all you need- any more and you're pushing stupidity.
---
Never give up.
Never surrender.