So, how bad is Bronze League?

#1MastadiPosted 4/19/2013 5:20:07 PM
I'm a 100% certified scrub and I've recently reached level 30. Sadly, normal games seem to think that I can stand a chance against players who've won hundreds or even thousands of games and pits me above players well over my skill level.

I was wondering, how bad are the players in Bronze League? Are all the stories I've heard true and I'd finally be able to play with babby noob players (i.e. my skill level) or is it all just overexaggeration and I'll get my sorry butt kicked?
---
I would use a nude male mod with equipable underwear just so I can enchant a pair of magical boxers. - Nexus_Nocturnal.
#2FvPPosted 4/19/2013 5:21:22 PM
Just about your level
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#3BhelliumPosted 4/19/2013 5:34:26 PM
thing about normals is that it has elo too

not sure why you'd regularly get placed with people much better than you, unless you're working up to 30 and then you're just running into smurfs probably

I don't think most people play ranked btw, so it's kind of hard to give you a real basis to judge that on other than bronze holding ~50% of the ranked population, though i'd assume a fair number of those are inactive
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#4MegaSTVPosted 4/19/2013 5:34:36 PM
It's bad in the sense that we're all trash. Not only are we trash, but we are all convinced that we are only in bronze because of our teams.

Had this one guy in bronze literally call us all out for being in bronze III when he was in bronze II. He said "don't die, I'll carry." I notice his KDR is ~ 6/8 and I consider dodging, but better judgment alludes me and I play the game.

He then proceeds to go 1-4 against Akali mid as Chogath, after getting first blood with my help. Akali is left free to roam, continues to snowball off bot.

It wasn't ONLY his fault we lost. Our singed was afk for the first 6 minutes, which made me have to take his lane, and when he came back, I had to babysit him, which allowed me, who was decently fed at the time, unable to help him as Akali kept killing him because with her jungler. After I got Singed self-sufficient, he DC'd again for 6 more minutes.

But I digress.

You wanna know how bad it is?

The Singed was running around the enemy team...

His poison was off.
---
thats why is hard to take you seriously, by the time you have a good argument i will have a perfect english grammar
-Anema1968
#5BlocktopusPosted 4/19/2013 5:41:17 PM(edited)
It's bad because people here don't like to work together. I can't tell you the last time I've seen somebody who wasn't a support ward. As a jungler, I get kind of tired of warding for the entire team late game because people are too busy trying to get a full build and don't realize a full build is almost meaningless if you have no vision.

basically bronze is full of true scrubs who are bad and won't admit it yet they don't do anything to get better. Can only play one role and troll if they don't get it, don't know what wards are, don't know how to farm and don't know when to stop split pushing, horrible map awareness, too reliant on MIA's and blame the jungler when they feed.
---
http://i.imgur.com/f09dfvV.jpg
#6Chaotic WarriorPosted 4/19/2013 5:50:54 PM
bronze is a cesspool. but don't' worry, within 50 games if you don't belong in bronze you'll get out of it.
---
Time and time shall meet again as the threads of destiny entwine... but what if such destiny can be changed? If destiny itself was incorrect?
#7sabeta_samaPosted 4/19/2013 5:58:43 PM
If you don't belong in bronze, you won't stay there long. Use it as a learning experience. The worst players in the game live there, yes, but there are plenty of good players who are either down on their luck or haven't learned how to work with a team yet.
---
Official Gardevoir of the Pokemon X Message Boards
#8ssj4supervegetaPosted 4/19/2013 6:40:04 PM
eh honestly just keep paying normals XD

i started ranked too early. was back in late season 1. i got all the way down to 800 elo. was too new/didnt understand too many things XD i hated how low i got.

after going back to normals it wasnt until i had about 700 normal wins did i really finally "get" the game. a lil longer then it shoulda i know, but hey i was stubborn. you're better off in normals is what im saying. just keep playing with the people "better then you" and eventually itll rub off on yah!
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#9lrathgePosted 4/19/2013 6:51:16 PM
People say if you dont belong in bronze you'll get out in no time.

This isn't true. Am I saying I dont belong in bronze? No. because I do. But I got in my series to get out of bronze and got two games with an afk. lost my series and now got clamped where i lose a crap ton more then i win. which made me drop ranks. Basically you can't rely on anyone when it comes to bronze. Play jungle and get out. I learned that too late.
#10P00DGEPosted 4/19/2013 6:58:06 PM
Bronze is average. Literally, because a majority of players are in bronze, so they make up the average player.