So, how bad is Bronze League?

#11bast999Posted 4/19/2013 7:42:17 PM
You wanna know how bad bronze is? You can literally carry as support, and if you play jungle and don't suck at it, then it's impossible to lose.
---
This but unironically.
#122Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 4/19/2013 7:43:46 PM
I saw a TF rush Lich Bane then go straight into Manamune
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#13Mastadi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 8:09:42 PM(edited)
P00DGE posted...
Bronze is average. Literally, because a majority of players are in bronze, so they make up the average player.

That's not necessarily correct. When somebody mentions that someone is an average player, they don't mean they play comparable to majority of other players - they mean their skill is somewhere in the middle between pros and complete beginners.

Anyway, thanks for the responses so far. What do you recommend I should do? Stick to normals for a while until I get better, or try out ranked and possibly be credit to team if I do end up in bronze 5?
---
I would use a nude male mod with equipable underwear just so I can enchant a pair of magical boxers. - Nexus_Nocturnal.
#14P00DGEPosted 4/19/2013 8:09:12 PM
Mastadi posted...
P00DGE posted...
Bronze is average. Literally, because a majority of players are in bronze, so they make up the average player.

That's not necessarily correct. When somebody mentions that someone is an average player, they don't mean they play comparable to majority of the game - they mean their skill is somewhere in the middle between pros and complete beginners.

Anyway, thanks for the responses so far. What do you recommend I should do? Stick to normals for a while until I get better, or try out ranked and possibly be credit to team if I do end up in bronze 5?

I realize that, but that is not how I view average. And even if you wanted to view average as "somewhere in between pro level play and baddies", you would have to take into consideration that pros make up such an extraordinarily small percentage of the game's population, that they are essentially outlying factors that can be ignored when trying to find the actual average skill of players... which would still be somewhere in bronze.

But I prefer my way of looking at it. If most players are in bronze, than the average league of legends player would be a bronze player. Thus being average. Anything higher is just "better" than the majority, by various degrees.
#15DeadpooL7Posted 4/19/2013 8:14:26 PM
Mastadi posted...
P00DGE posted...

That's not necessarily correct. When somebody mentions that someone is an average player, they don't mean they play comparable to majority of other players - they mean their skill is somewhere in the middle between pros and complete beginners.

If youre getting technical that the mean youre talking about, not the average. The average would be a level that perhaps no one person is actually at but is exactly in the middle of everyone. While the mean would be where most people actually are.

On topic dont pay attention to the number of wins someone has in normals cause you dont know how many losses they have. They might have 1000 wins but have 2000 loses. While another player has 1000 wins and 500 loses. Just looking at wins they would look about the same to you but in reality one is a very very good player while the other is borderline terrible.
---
Taric is mai waifu
#16Dark_Luna3Posted 4/19/2013 8:14:59 PM
P00DGE posted...

Seems legit. Isn't Bronze like 75% of the playerbase or something? But considering the audience of this game and the numbers, it's not that surprising.

If you can carry yourself from bronze to silver (which IS difficult for the average player), it implies you're above average. Doesn't mean much for people who landed in silver since placements aren't too much of an indicator.
#17Mastadi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 5:04:36 AM
DeadpooL7 posted...
On topic dont pay attention to the number of wins someone has in normals cause you dont know how many losses they have. They might have 1000 wins but have 2000 loses. While another player has 1000 wins and 500 loses. Just looking at wins they would look about the same to you but in reality one is a very very good player while the other is borderline terrible.

Well, the thing is, I could clearly see from the way they played that they were better players. My latest game I had to go jungle, and it was near impossible to gank anyone because they had wards all over the place, and there was plenty of teamwork in the teamfights. Not to say my team was bad, quite the opposite - I simply felt like the weak link in that game. I don't think those players have too bad w/l ratios, and even if they do, they got me beat on experience alone.
---
I would use a nude male mod with equipable underwear just so I can enchant a pair of magical boxers. - Nexus_Nocturnal.
#18casperrulezPosted 4/20/2013 5:12:16 AM
Bronze is the most enjoyable thing is this game next to public ARAM games
---
ThisIsOchoa anywhere it matters
Nothing I post is relevant. Ever.
#19RobotDCLXVIPosted 4/20/2013 5:50:15 AM
casperrulez posted...
Bronze is the most enjoyable thing is this game next to public ARAM games

Truth.
---
"8/10!!! Perfect movie!" - Oreon
http://www.myspace.com/robotdclxvi
#20The_Excerion3Posted 4/20/2013 6:08:11 AM
Fair warning TC, everybody is overexaggerating how bad Bronze players are. I've gone from Bronze IV to Silver II and I've noticed that Bronze players are generally slightly below average, while Silver varies wildly, you get more leavers/afkers/feeders/trolls in Silver, and more good players too.

If you've played Poker that's a good analogy. Bronze is the tables with slightly below average players that you can consistently win against. Silver is the table with 4 people that have absolutely no idea what they're doing, one person that's sucking on his thumb, and 4 pros wishing they were at the Bronze table so they had a more reliable income stream.