Would you say that the more games you play

#1saborzeroPosted 4/19/2013 10:26:06 PM
The better you get at this game? Or would you say the more things about the game you study and practice in a few games the better you will get? I've always wondered do I generally suck at aspects about this game because I focus too much on the micro-level of the game (things that are essential but should come naturally like cs) and not on the bigger picture of things (learning multiple champions, playing a lot of games, knowing exactly when buffs are up, etc).

I mean I try to do everything but I wonder does my progress seem slower than normal because of me not playing hundreds of games or because there is something I must not be focusing on.

So what do you guys think would make someone better at this game? What do you guys do to get better? What should a bronze, silver, gold, or platinum player do in order to dominate consistently? I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to play games where you don't feel like you screwed up all the time.

I've been trying to get to that point where I can admit I played really well but the other team was just better rather than thinking "ugh why did I [insert multiple screw ups here]"

Sorry for blogfaqs but I seriously am trying to find ways to increase my game and hearing what others do/tips might help me set a new regiment for myself.
---
PSN: JArcane -- XBL: ArcShawdow Currently Playing: LoL (PC) UMVC3(360) P4G(Vita)TTT2(PS3) Halo 4 (360) AC:B(360)
#2g-cube_mastaPosted 4/19/2013 10:28:26 PM
Just do both

there's no reason why you can't both practice by playing a lot and enhance your understanding of the game through the league wiki, guides, streams etc.,
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#3xSighxPosted 4/19/2013 10:30:32 PM
practice is nothing without direction. You can play 1000 ranked games and still be stuck in bronze if you never quest for new information or accept your shortcomings and strive to overcome them.

it's why ive improved more in the past 2 months than the first 8 months i played.
#4saborzero(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 10:35:54 PM
xSighx posted...
practice is nothing without direction. You can play 1000 ranked games and still be stuck in bronze if you never quest for new information or accept your shortcomings and strive to overcome them.

it's why ive improved more in the past 2 months than the first 8 months i played.

I was very similar to this where I realized I needed to find more stuff out if I wanted to be better at this game. Maybe it's because I've hit a wall recently where everything I did seemed to go bad. I look at how many games I've played and it made me think, maybe I've just been coming up short because I spend too much time watching people do things and trying to practice them rather than playing and hoping it will naturally happen. I mean I do understand practice makes perfect but is practicing too much holding me back as a player overall?
---
PSN: JArcane -- XBL: ArcShawdow Currently Playing: LoL (PC) UMVC3(360) P4G(Vita)TTT2(PS3) Halo 4 (360) AC:B(360)
#5BurnumMasterPosted 4/19/2013 10:38:22 PM
There can be good practice and bad practice. Doing troll builds and diving with your friends can be fun, but it isn't going to make you better at the game. As long as you are aware of all the aspects of the game you can strive to get better at them. The only way I would say more games would make you better is if you are trying to get better in every game.

You can't win every game, but you can learn something from every game, so with the higher number of games, the potential to learn more is greater.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BurnumMaster-1464/hero/2935592
#6sequeezeyPosted 4/19/2013 11:36:26 PM(edited)
All I can offer is this- play lots of games. But instead of just playing a game to play the game, start doing something that you know you need practice at. For instance, you said to start timing the buffs and working on CS. Play some games where you concentrate really hard on that stuff until it starts to come more naturally. Then once you have those things down start concentrating on 2 new things, maybe timing enemy summoner spells and remembering to use item actives. It's a lot easier to know you have a long checklist if you don't try to tackle everything at once. Become proficient at a couple of things at a time and you'll start seeing yourself improving shortly.

---
__ +_Sequeezey_+__
_-* *-___-* *-___-* *-_
#7sequeezeyPosted 4/19/2013 11:39:58 PM
BurnumMaster posted...

You can't win every game, but you can learn something from every game, so with the higher number of games, the potential to learn more is greater.

This is also a really great stance. If you are only playing to win every game and you're just using the same champs and the same strategies to do so you're not really getting better. If practicing jungle makes you lose a couple of games just do it anyway. Always playing to get better at the game supersedes playing to always win. Heck, I JUST broke even in my W/L ratio after buying a new ADC and losing probably 30 games..
---
__ +_Sequeezey_+__
_-* *-___-* *-___-* *-_
#8Paulus_999Posted 4/20/2013 1:11:08 AM
one of the things i did to improve my gameplay was to save replays of my games. After a game or two i would watch certain sections of the game, in particular where i died, dragons and team fights as well as when i went for kills.

Analysing previous games and seeing where you went wrong, what you could have done better and how to approach the situation better, are all great ways to improve.

Another thing you can do is find a friend who you consider a better player than you and ask him to spectate/ watch your replays and see where he thinks you can improve because often times it is harder to recognise your own mistakes over others.

Hope that helps you out :)
---
Death Note, Code Geass,