Thresh is the ****ing most broken, most overpowered champion ever released

#21thebestestbestPosted 4/20/2013 11:29:06 AM
FlameLord23 posted...
thebestestbest posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...
thebestestbest posted...
Thresh is literally every thing any other support is, all at the same time.

Is he damage? Yes.
Is he an initiate? Yes.
Is he tanky? Yes.
Is he tons of crowd control? Yes.
Is he good at saving someone? Yes.
Is he good at poke? Yes.
Does he scale well? Yes.

There is no weakness on thresh, and him being released shows that riot has no clue on how to balance a game.

You want to balance thresh? Remove all damage from his abilities. All of it. Then he'd actually have a weakness.

If you miss your Q

If you miss your W

If you allies don't click on the lantern

If you don't collect souls

If you initiate without a way for your allies to follow through

Then Thresh is weak.

Are you so stupid as to think "what if your allies don't click the lattern" is something you can bring up in a balance discussion?

Are you so stupid as to think it isn't? The ability is reliant on teammates to use it. Therefore you have to bring it into discussion.

Thresh is a champion with 3 skillshots and a self-centered AOE ability. The only non-challenging skillshot his the lantern. Riot told you exactly how to counter Thresh. If you zone him he can't collect souls, can't auto-attack, can't hit the hook.

I just have one question: Any people saying he's either completely OP or not good at all, have you played him? Or any recent champs? Riot is designing champs now that are extremely strong but have high skill caps, and Thresh definitely meets that mold.

No, you just have no idea how game balance works.

You CANNOT make assumptions about what the players will do. You can't say "well Ryze deserves a buff because what if no one uses his Q". It doesn't work.

Learn SOMETHING before discussing game balance, as it stands right now the worst thing that could happen is someone actually putting any weight into what you say.
#22shadow99226Posted 4/20/2013 11:37:29 AM
I laned with a Thresh once, and it was literally the most one sided bottom lane I've ever had. Maybe he'd be a little more balanced as a melee champ, so at least he couldn't poke as easily? Or maybe start him at 0 base armor or something.
#23MrFailPosted 4/20/2013 11:44:10 AM
Vegerunks posted...

He isn't OP because of the fact that you can kite him away from his souls. I've seen Thresh's that by 40 minutes only have 60 souls because they continually get killed or kited from better players.

I love the idea of zoning someone who can grab souls long range with lantern or hook you since you are out of position.

Vegerunks posted...

And 80 souls is the suggested amount when you hit level 18, why? Because it gives him level 18 stats. So 100 souls isn't that much more. You can't call it free armor when he has no extra armor before his souls. The ability power and AA damage are to try to make him more viable as things other than support. If all he had was Extra armor and AP OR AA damage he would be unviable in other lanes. The way he is now allows him versatility because his kit doesn't have ratios allowing him to do massive damage without his ult.

So he has potential to grow past level 18. And the ability to do damage while supporting the team in a very big way. And what other supports do massive damage without building AP or AD? Leona, Taric, Sona, Soraka all basically do no damage but thresh? He can auto for 200+ late game without buying anything.
#24Shadow EdgePosted 4/20/2013 12:36:55 PM(edited)
Soraka spams AoE damage that shreds MR by 12. After 4 hits, you just chopped negatrons.

Leona is about hard CCs.

Taric is an aura bot.

Thresh is not as bulky as Taric or Leona. He doesnt poke or provide sustain like Soraka and Sona.

Seriously smh at all the whiners outlining only the positives.
---
ns
#25thebestestbestPosted 4/20/2013 1:11:54 PM
Shadow Edge posted...
Soraka spams AoE damage that shreds MR by 12. After 4 hits, you just chopped negatrons.

Leona is about hard CCs.

Taric is an aura bot.

Thresh is not as bulky as Taric or Leona. He doesnt poke or provide sustain like Soraka and Sona.

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you say things like thresh doesn't poke?
#26Shadow EdgePosted 4/20/2013 5:59:47 PM
He doesnt poke LIKE them. They poke better and safer.
---
ns
#27_SNAGRAT_LIEPosted 4/20/2013 7:10:10 PM(edited)
I kind of don't understand how he could possibly be released in his current form. When you amass 100 souls, thresh gets: ~80 free armor, ~80 free ability power, 100+ auto attack magic damage.

That is 1600 gold worth of AP, 3200 gold worth of AA damage(despite it being magic damage), and around 1200(?) gold worth of armor.

So when thresh gets 100 souls around 30 minutes in, he has 5k free gold worth of stats? That's basically like having a free "28 gold per 10" item.

he doesnt get armor per level so its mainly the AP which his ratios are low to balance that
---
Friendly reminder to get karma on your alts
#28channthemanPosted 4/20/2013 8:14:45 PM
All of Thresh's abilities seem to do so much, and I'm not exactly sure why. His lantern is just one quick example since I don't feel like typing a ton right now. It should either provide an escape for a teammate or provide an AOE shield. But not both. Riot just adds and adds and adds too many things for each ability. It's like they wish there were QWERTYU abilities instead of just QWER.
---
My new hero: Penn State Kid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sFAfCzzywo&feature=g-all
#29DepressedOtterPosted 4/21/2013 10:53:11 AM
Shadow Edge posted...

Leona is about hard CCs.

Taric is an aura bot.

His shield is sustain
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ThatRavage
http://i.imgur.com/8xkwd.png