C/D: Breaking the Meta can (sometimes) lead your team to victory

#21LOZLTTPPosted 4/20/2013 7:37:00 PM
I've lost to a team with Volibear/Singed duo bot

I've been the Singed half of such a bot lane before. It was glorious.
---
Many people, of course, use 'sentimentalism' as a term of abuse for other people's decent feelings, and realism as a disguise for their own brutality. G H Hardy
#22Morrowind789Posted 4/20/2013 7:40:56 PM
xSighx posted...
i've lost to teams with support pantheon and i've beat teams when i had jungle katarina.

generally, the more skilled/coordinated/positive team will win.

Katarina may not have jungle sustain or CC, but if the other team is dumb and doesn't ward and has no interrupts for her ult, she can still carry.

And if I'm left alone as adc with a pantheon lane and our jungler is afk farming or repeatedly getting himself killed in the enemy jungle, and im getting outplayed by really smart initiations, that pantheon support's kill potential could snowball the game pretty hard.

support pantheon makes for a beast kill lane though -.- his early game burst, even with no relevant items is amazing
---
SC2 : Koroioz 450
DALLAS MAVERICKS 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS
#23SongstressCelaPosted 4/20/2013 7:42:44 PM
I think this follows the rule of Teemo--if someone breaks meta on your team, it will end horribly, while the opposing team will always, ALWAYS completely stomp the s*** out of you if they have some stupid gimmick comp.

Just the other day had a stupid Akali and Wukong double bot together without saying anything until the game already started, making me go top vs Anivia (wat) as Cait since I thought we didn't have an ADC for bot. Fortunately I beat her and got fed enough that we won, but sure enough, bot fed hard.

Meanwhile today, we run into some idiotic quintuple ADC comp (Cait, Varus, Kog, Ashe, and Fiora) and it was a complete slaughter. I did decently against bot for awhile but eventually both of them pushed too hard that me getting fed off them didn't matter, while top and mid did horribly right off the bat and basically just gave Fiora/Cait and Kog two free towers... and it all went downhill from there. -.-
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Lovnaru/Photos/moxsign.jpg
http://myanimelist.net/profile/AvalonBright ~ Official Kitty Maid of CE's LGBT Social ~
#24hello_indigoPosted 4/20/2013 7:58:24 PM
xSighx posted...
i've lost to teams with support pantheon and i've beat teams when i had jungle katarina.

generally, the more skilled/coordinated/positive team will win.

Katarina may not have jungle sustain or CC, but if the other team is dumb and doesn't ward and has no interrupts for her ult, she can still carry.

And if I'm left alone as adc with a pantheon lane and our jungler is afk farming or repeatedly getting himself killed in the enemy jungle, and im getting outplayed by really smart initiations, that pantheon support's kill potential could snowball the game pretty hard.

This is a terrible reason to break the meta. You're basically saying "If the other team sucks (if they don't ward), then jungle Kat will still win. So your breaking the meta and relying on luck to win? ...k.