I can't get kills when I play mid.

#11wantfastcars(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 10:39:19 PM
Aceron posted...
Beginner bots tend to turn and run a lot more readily than human opponents.
So unless you're good at chasing or tower diving, you probably won't get that many kills on beginner bots before late game.

I have noticed that too. But Kassadin should be good at tower diving, right? With a 6 second cooldown Flash?

Morrowind789 posted...
if you only got 1 kill on begginer bots.... i'd worry more about the basics and your mechanics in general than why you cant get kills, may sound rude but there it is

Yeah, I know, I have a hard time with Mid. I can play Support, ADC, or Top just fine in PvP, but I just CAN'T do well in Mid.
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#12wantfastcars(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 10:41:15 PM
HMandACFan posted...
Play Karthus.

I tried that once, with similar results. Loads of CS and lots of damage, but very few kills.
---
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#13magnusblitzPosted 4/20/2013 11:32:19 PM
Aceron posted...
Beginner bots tend to turn and run a lot more readily than human opponents.
So unless you're good at chasing or tower diving, you probably won't get that many kills on beginner bots before late game.

This. Also, in bot games, it's much easier to get kills playing in top or bot 2v2 since you can rack up kills and assists quicker. In mid, you can only get 1 kill OR 1 assist, in another lane you can get 2 kills, 1 kill/1 assist, or 2 assists in the same amount of time. Get more kills/assists early, get more damage items, and you'll get more of the kills later in the game. Fall behind in mid and you'll start getting a lot of assists but no kills because you just don't have the items to up your damage output over that of your teammates'.
#14hello_indigoPosted 4/20/2013 11:34:15 PM
shadyelf posted...
I can't gank mid as a jungler. Any tips on that?

Ganking mid is a matter of whether or not your mid is dumb or smart. If he's smart, he won't push the lane. I main jungler and FAR TOO OFTEN do I hear laners crying when they push lane and complain i don't gank..
#15BhelliumPosted 4/20/2013 11:37:07 PM(edited)
Against competent opponents (real ones) you're not going to be getting many kills against your actual lane opponent. Most of them will be from roaming top, bot, or counter-jungling.

Most mid battles end when someone gets poked down a bit too much and bugs out. Or of course someone gets poked down too much, doesn't realize it, then dies.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#16RafNastyPosted 4/21/2013 1:12:56 AM
Kass is a late game any way. Usually in early games I'll get maybe a kill or assist in a lane (help of ganking too), and late game I'll even with 15+ kills.
---
GamerTag: RazorRaf
I remember the good ol' video games days when extra content was unlocked and not paid for..
#17FlameLord23Posted 4/21/2013 1:50:47 AM
I think the problem is that you're worrying about getting the kill. As long as the kill is secured who cares where it goes? I mean as support I'd rather have it on my mid, top, or ADC but the most important part is that a kill occurs.

Most important part is that you take towers, inhibs and win the game. If the kill occurs and allows you do work toward a win, then it shouldn't matter who gets it.
---
Sjokz is my waifu.
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#18AceronPosted 4/21/2013 11:58:12 AM
FlameLord23 posted...
I think the problem is that you're worrying about getting the kill. As long as the kill is secured who cares where it goes? I mean as support I'd rather have it on my mid, top, or ADC but the most important part is that a kill occurs.

Most important part is that you take towers, inhibs and win the game. If the kill occurs and allows you do work toward a win, then it shouldn't matter who gets it.

Actually, as I understand it, his problem is that he's able to drop the bots to low health, but they always manage to escape and recall before they can be finished off.
---
Believe in yourself. Not you, that believes in me.
Not me, that believes in you. Believe in you that believes in yourself. - Kamina, TTGL
#19wantfastcars(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 12:23:47 PM
Aceron posted...
FlameLord23 posted...

Actually, as I understand it, his problem is that he's able to drop the bots to low health, but they always manage to escape and recall before they can be finished off.

This is the problem. I can bully them out of lane super-easily, but at all but the very earliest parts of the game (when respawn timers are 5-10 seconds) killing them keeps them out of the fight longer.

Also, am I bad for getting wrecked by Lux as Veigar? All her spells are so much longer-range than mine...
---
#20arys75Posted 4/21/2013 12:27:46 PM
wantfastcars posted...
Aceron posted...
FlameLord23 posted...

This is the problem. I can bully them out of lane super-easily, but at all but the very earliest parts of the game (when respawn timers are 5-10 seconds) killing them keeps them out of the fight longer.

Also, am I bad for getting wrecked by Lux as Veigar? All her spells are so much longer-range than mine...

Lux is pretty much dodging skillshots and abusing cooldowns. You just have to capitalize on that 5-10 second window where she doesn't have any spells available.