Are they really not gonna rebuff Rengar?

#11wehomiesPosted 4/21/2013 4:10:43 AM
there's a reason why we have the term "regar'd"
rengar got nerfed to oblivion
riot does some nice, frequent adjustments, which i like
bu when they mess up, they mess up like no other
hell, i can probably do some better and i would suck hard at it
#12shadyelfPosted 4/21/2013 4:52:02 AM
Morello confirmed they are reworking him, since his kit makes it impossible to buff without OP and nerf without trash tier
---
?
#13Alchemist94Posted 4/25/2013 4:14:32 AM
Rengar's still one of my mains and almost every game I play with him I do great.. He's an excellent champion but you have to know how to use him really really well.
---
If it was a rip off, we'd play as an elf with red hair and a blue tunic who goes on a quest
to save Princess Sandra from the clutches of the evil Banorn.
#14DarksteelPosted 4/25/2013 4:58:37 AM
Maurith posted...
Sorry to be "that guy" but he's fine.

I agree, but bads are gonna be bad
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#15crazycarl1Posted 4/25/2013 5:08:17 AM
Rengar suffers the same problem as Poppy (who is also on the rework list)

Both are designed to instantly take out the enemy carry and turn it into a 4v5. Poppy has the invulnerability and Rengar has stealth with a gap closer. Both of these offer little counterplay, so if their kit had the numbers/scaling to do their job effectively, they would always be able to instantly OHKO the carry. Clearly, that is very imbalanced, so they are nerfed to the point where they are too weak to their only job.

In short, they are nerfed to the point where they are unable to do the only thing their kit is designed for.

This is why riot has to rework Rengar
---
Currently Playing:DmC, NG3, Ni No Kuni, MGR
#16ObsceneGesturesPosted 4/25/2013 5:58:16 AM
Rengar is still strong enough to do his job. Even if you blow a high priority target up and immediately die, you've made the teamfight a 4v4, and it's a winning 4v4 when they're down a carry AND they blew EVERYTHING on killing you.

Unfortunately a lot of teams are too stupid to engage a 4v4 even when the other team has pretty much everything on cooldown.
---
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
#17wantfastcarsPosted 4/25/2013 6:06:39 AM
evansmp posted...
We had a heimerdinger go mid a few matches ago and I was all like.. Lol ohhh know here's a loss, gg surrender at 20 plz kthxbai. turns out this heimerdinger owned the enemy team got the most kills and just plain wrecked them.

Don't ask me how. Thought I was hallucinating.

Yeah, I was in a match like that too. Autolocked Heimer and said "I'll go where I'm needed." He ended up going mid and lost the first turret early, but he got his **** together and semi-carried the game. Was that a ranked match you were in? I wouldn't be surprised if that was the same match, given how infrequently Heimer is played, and that mid isn't his most popular lane (I don't think it is, right?)
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#18shadyelfPosted 4/25/2013 6:18:16 AM
He ended up going mid and lost the first turret early,

wat

even the worst heimerdingers end up taking enemy turret. It's usually the only good thing they do
---
?