What junglers are good to learn at jungle-optional elo?

#1TheDarkNerdPosted 4/21/2013 9:55:09 AM
As I try to learn jungle, I run up against the constant concept of the jungler relying on a leash for their first buff. In norms, at my level, I have no idea if I can even expect anyone on my team to know what a leash is (hell, I only really know what one is in concept; last time (first time) I tried I didn't realize leashes weren't by default smiteless, and accidentally stole Blue as Lulu. I also forgot to ward my lane first, leading to a bit of a nasty start in lane).

So then, I'm wondering what junglers and clear gimmicks I can rely on so that I'm not dependant on the knowledge of my teammates to get my first couple clears down.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WKp3kfx.gif
#2GruOcelotPosted 4/21/2013 9:58:34 AM
Silver3 Jungle main.

If you cannot rely on a leash. Your options are limited to junglers who might not have the best early ganking potential. What your looking for is built in sustain. I'm going to list a few junglers who I know can do it without a leash. Although they are not Tier 1 junglers.

Warwick
Fiddlesticks
Nunu

If I knew going into the game, that I probably would not get help on wolves and blue buff. These are the only ones I would pick.

Other, better, players might have a few more options to add to the list.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#3TheDarkNerd(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 10:00:29 AM
Oh, I do like Fiddles as a champ. How does he start? Also, will I have to specialize my runes? I'm running a basic mpen/armor/sc-mres/ms setup right now.
---
#4oozysaucePosted 4/21/2013 10:00:56 AM
Try Volibear, I used to play him Solo Top or Support in season 2 so he is probably my 'main' champion, In season 3 his jungling is so much fun and quite easy to play. give him a try if hes free soon. Charging in to see an opponent flash away for you to flash after him, fling and then slow is awesome. And if your ally keeps up its a pretty good chance of a kill.
#5BhelliumPosted 4/21/2013 10:01:35 AM
GruOcelot posted...
Silver3 Jungle main.

If you cannot rely on a leash. Your options are limited to junglers who might not have the best early ganking potential. What your looking for is built in sustain. I'm going to list a few junglers who I know can do it without a leash. Although they are not Tier 1 junglers.

Warwick
Fiddlesticks
Nunu

If I knew going into the game, that I probably would not get help on wolves and blue buff. These are the only ones I would pick.

Other, better, players might have a few more options to add to the list.

xin
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#6Master Of The DeadPosted 4/21/2013 10:03:36 AM
No jungler needs a leash. You might have a bit of a slow start, but all the main junglers can do it solo. Just make sure you have defensive masteries and runes if you are worried.
---
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes ~~~~~ Summoner Name (LoL EUW): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
#7CosmosYearsPosted 4/21/2013 10:08:34 AM
I've never understood it when people say they can't get leashes consistently, I've never had that problem at any stage.

Don't be the person who says nothing, most of the time a simple ping at the camp will get the laners to come help you, if that doesn't work actually ask for a leash, you're really obligated to get one.
#8Master Of The DeadPosted 4/21/2013 10:10:34 AM
I've never understood it when people say they can't get leashes consistently, I've never had that problem at any stage.

Don't be the person who says nothing, most of the time a simple ping at the camp will get the laners to come help you, if that doesn't work actually ask for a leash, you're really obligated to get one.

This. I started jungling when my account was Lv6, and I rarely had that many issues. Had to explain to people at first, but as I got closer to Lv30 people just knew the deal.
---
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes ~~~~~ Summoner Name (LoL EUW): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
#9WebBowserPosted 4/21/2013 10:14:03 AM
You underestimate the players of ranked, which is quite the accomplishment. Even at bronze V you can consistently get a leash. If you're super worried though, grab someone with super safe clears like Nunu, WW, Udyr, and Fidds.
---
Enjoy writing your own stories? Like Pikmin? Want to enter a fully developed world with a blank slate to mold to your hearts content? PM Imboredsoimrest!
#10TheDarkNerd(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 10:15:00 AM(edited)

Regardless, it can't hurt preparing for the worst. I'd rather be prepared for what doesn't happen then not be prepared for what does. If I don't get a leash and ultimately fail as a jungler, it will ultimately be my fault.

You underestimate the players of ranked

Level 22 blind norms.
---