As support, how to win bot lane when your ADC doesn't know how to focus properly

#1Lord SojiroPosted 4/21/2013 8:05:25 PM
? 81/80, couldn't fit question mark.

Is there really nothing you can do if your ADC has poor focus? I tried to make plays as Leona during laning. I waited for a clean initiation on their ADC while their support had one of his skills on CD, chained my snare, stun, second stun, and then exhausted Graves. This whole time, Draven is just pounding on the ulted Alistar instead of Graves.

Situations like that either end in enemy double kill, a 1-0, or a 1-2 which could have easily been a 2-0 had he focuses the shut-down Graves. Asking a legitimate question to other supports, is there really anything you can do when your ADC doesn't capitalize on your initiations and doesn't focus properly?

Relevant but not to bottom lane: Renekton losing top to Kha'zix, rushes hexdrinker.
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#2EcchiBakaPosted 4/21/2013 8:07:38 PM
Pretty sure Kha'Zix has some huge AP ratios on his Q and E, it's why they were crying OP a while back and wanted him nerfed. Hexdrinker is fine although Spirit Visage would have been a better go-to for that situation.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka. Give me ecchi manga recommendations!
http://imgur.com/S7xE8s9
#3Eclypse9810Posted 4/21/2013 8:12:24 PM
^ I must have been playing Kha'zix all wrong then, building AD. Silly me.
---
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
#4Launcelot111Posted 4/21/2013 8:12:27 PM
Maybe ping the adc or whoever so there's a big flashing crosshair over who they should be attacking. Leona is the absolute worst for people with terrible focus, so good luck with that
#5FlareZeroPosted 4/21/2013 11:18:30 PM
Yeah, you should ping the target. That way they know who you're going after and they can follow up immediately. Some people just dive in without warning and expect their teammates to follow up and it leads to hesitation or lack of focus. If you dive in too deep and can get out, make sure to have a follow up ping that you're retreating so your teammate doesn't overstay.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#6breakfastramenPosted 4/22/2013 6:16:48 AM
Ping your target before you initiate. Leona is kinda all-in though, so she'll work best for you when you have certain ADCs you are paired up with and will work even better if your ADC summoner is someone you play with a lot.
#7AlastreonPosted 4/22/2013 7:47:41 AM
KloudtheYoukai posted...
Pretty sure Kha'Zix has some huge AP ratios on his Q and E, it's why they were crying OP a while back and wanted him nerfed. Hexdrinker is fine although Spirit Visage would have been a better go-to for that situation.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Kha%27Zix
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1177-6984-9180
#8Darkyellow327Posted 4/22/2013 8:13:26 AM
You don't, you lose and hope they don't derp hard in team fights.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#9SergeantGanderPosted 4/22/2013 8:38:26 AM
Brutalizer -> Sunfire -> Proceed to completely shut down Kha....

Spirit visage?!? lol

Anyways like everyone else is saying, just ping the graves before you go in. I personally don't like playing Leona unless I'm with a friend or someone that is a reliable ADC.
---
Back in 'Nam I fought off a gang of lesbian hippie child-slaving jewel thieves with nothing but a magic lasso.
#10gvandalePosted 4/22/2013 9:34:59 AM
If in soloque, I usually ping the target I want the ADC to go for (as already stated). If the ADC isn't getting it, chat em up when you die and explain who to target and why.

I've noticed a lot of people in pubs just don't understand mechanics and meta.
---
XBL: Darth Vandale, PSN: gvandale
Battle.net: Gvandale#1921