I'm tired of people hating on my Support Syndra before a game even starts

#21ArtosRCPosted 4/22/2013 1:54:27 AM
"OMG Mundo Jungle WTF noob"

Whoever said this needs a swift kick in the B5s.
---
[ http://tinyurl.com/dyjanyc ]
http://i.imgur.com/rcgsvtd.jpg
#22Linctagon7Posted 4/22/2013 2:15:09 AM
ArtosRC posted...
"OMG Mundo Jungle WTF noob"

Whoever said this needs a swift kick in the B5s.

The wonders of YOLO queue. Gotta love it.
#23XSerenadEXPosted 4/22/2013 2:23:41 AM
Support Syndra isn't bad, it's just not optimal. There are better supports and her kit makes her of better use top or mid.

Essentially, Support syndra is totally viable. In a competitive game, assuming skilled teammates, syndra in top/mid + other support is a much better choice
---
American Football <3
#24TheOneWhoPwnz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:47:51 AM
I really think people should know what the champs can do and just assume they are stuck in the meta.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#25centurion911Posted 4/22/2013 11:51:03 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
I use Smite because I can one hit Siege Minions and get extra gold from it with the defense Mastery and the CD matches Siege minion waves exactly. Instead of just waiting for it to get low so I can last hit and in the process losing 3 or 4 of my own minions I just hit it once and Smite. I also use it to help the jungler double smite buffs and I use it to steal enemies buff if I get the chance.

Seriously though. Smite in a lane is just a waste. You lose offensive, defensive, and mobile ability. It'd be better if you took TP to gank bottom with your ult. You don't need to Smite the Siege minion, and you definitely don't need to lose 3 of your minions to CS it.
---
Resident Zac, Vlad, Malphite, Zed, Irelia, and Rumble player
#26TwoShensGGPosted 4/22/2013 11:56:58 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
Dude, I know that feel.

I get so much hate for playing Warwick top and using Heal with Smite in lane.

I use Smite because I can one hit Siege Minions and get extra gold from it with the defense Mastery and the CD matches Siege minion waves exactly. Instead of just waiting for it to get low so I can last hit and in the process losing 3 or 4 of my own minions I just hit it once and Smite. I also use it to help the jungler double smite buffs and I use it to steal enemies buff if I get the chance.

If you're serious, please uninstall.
#27MegeasPosted 4/22/2013 12:04:40 PM
When I see support lux/fiddle/morgana and they don't even bother to get a philo stone/ lucky pick why in the world would I expect someone like Lee sin or syndra to be a better pick on bot? Even worse when every one picks squishy characters and we don't have any sort of tank or CC.
#28centurion911Posted 4/22/2013 12:09:09 PM
TheOneWhoPwnz posted...
She has a sweet stun on short cd and a slow...

Pls stop the hate
Support Syndra is great

I think I can capture the mindset of most players.

When your laning partner plays a support it's usually a 50/50 that they're gonna be better. By playing a champ that isn't considered "standard" they get nervous. They don't know what to capitalize on, they're unfamiliar with how it works, and they want to "maximize" their chance of winning by laning with a standard support. This leads to resistance against the idea.

If I see an odd pick in a lane in ranked I'm usually suspicious of their level of play. I always give them a chance to show their stuff though.

In normals I could absolutely care less. Jungle Heimer, top Sona, AD carry Leblanc, w/e works for you. You should just have fun.
---
Resident Zac, Vlad, Malphite, Zed, Irelia, and Rumble player
#29Knight_Of_OrderPosted 4/22/2013 12:12:22 PM
ITT: Lets play like we're lvl10.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#30Suicidal SmurfPosted 4/22/2013 1:34:43 PM
same thing with leblanc support, glad a pro finally did it (and succeeded) so i can shut up nay sayers
---
sail boat to harbor